Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Anyone running a V3 with 480's?  (Read 12885 times)

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:Anyone running a V3 with 480's?
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2003, 02:36:20 PM »
Round three was Jay Farrar at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Truly legendary venue, but not the best sound. Weird shape, weird shit in the ceiling, not the best PA. It sounded ok, however, particularly when it was just Jay on acoustic and harmonica, and decent when Canyon backed him. The tape sounds damn near exactly like what I heard, when you account for the slight cardioid narrowing. You hear the ass, but you also hear the detail. All of it. A very nice test, the v3 passed imo. Another good one will be MMJ next week in a tiny bar, where you can tape way fob, but the board is a good 80 feet from the stage, the room is one big rectangle. With that reverb they use, not a good situation. Kudos Grace. Scott Brown, if I talk about getting rid of this thing, please come to Minny and kick my ass. I'll pay for the plane ticket.  ;D

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2003, 11:08:45 AM »
Round three was Jay Farrar at First Avenue in Minneapolis. Truly legendary venue, but not the best sound. Weird shape, weird shit in the ceiling, not the best PA. It sounded ok, however, particularly when it was just Jay on acoustic and harmonica, and decent when Canyon backed him. The tape sounds damn near exactly like what I heard, when you account for the slight cardioid narrowing. You hear the ass, but you also hear the detail. All of it. A very nice test, the v3 passed imo. Another good one will be MMJ next week in a tiny bar, where you can tape way fob, but the board is a good 80 feet from the stage, the room is one big rectangle. With that reverb they use, not a good situation. Kudos Grace. Scott Brown, if I talk about getting rid of this thing, please come to Minny and kick my ass. I'll pay for the plane ticket.  ;D

better book that flight now, save some cash ;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

marc0789

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2003, 12:14:56 PM »
I'm at the point now that if I get sick of 100% transparent sound, it'll be the dpas that go before the v3, it ain't the lunatec's fault. No question neumanns or schoeps will pull in less ass.

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2003, 12:33:55 PM »
oh man....

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2003, 02:44:15 PM »
I'm at the point now that if I get sick of 100% transparent sound, it'll be the dpas that go before the v3, it ain't the lunatec's fault. No question neumanns or schoeps will pull in less ass.

;D
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline Lee

• Team Bama
  • "I hate the f***in' eagles, man!"
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2003, 06:51:50 PM »

The world is ending...

Marc running Schoeps>V3??? Head for the hills!
Denon AVR 3808ci > Paradigm Reference Studio 20 + Velodyne DLS 3750

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com