Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Bass Rolloff ?'s  (Read 3127 times)

Offline Thom Joad

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
Bass Rolloff ?'s
« on: July 03, 2004, 11:19:32 AM »
A few weeks ago I got myself a set of 4060's (seems like everyone's doing this these days, Go Bruce!!).  I run them into the microdot/XLR connectors>Aerco MP-2>D10ProII.  I know the deck doesn't make this a great stealth rig, and I'm working on that, but I was also thinking it would be nice to have the option of some Bass Rolloff for the when the situation calls for it.  I'm guessin' the only way for me to get some rolloff is to get a batt.box with the option?  So, what's everyone's opinion's on which boxes are best?  Is there a way to add some sort of in-line rolloff without having to go the batt.box route?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Offline Sean Gallemore

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Bass Rolloff ?'s
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 07:00:16 PM »
Core Sound and Dynamic Audio will make boxes for the DPAs

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 07:23:15 AM »
and Jon from JK Labs can modify a DPA MPS-60X0 box to add a HPF

Offline Thom Joad

• Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 04:08:05 PM »
Thanks for the responses!  I think I may have been too long winded in my original post.  What I was getting at was, I like the Aerco/4060 combo and it's plenty stealthable on it's own.  I was basically wondering if there was a way to add some sort of inline HPF (bass roll-off) after the Aerco, before the deck.  The Aerco does the power thing just fine, so all I need is the filter part.  Kinda like this  http://www.shure.com/accessories/a15hp.asp?PN=Problem%20Solvers .  However, I would like it to be a more selectable unit, like SoundPro's 7 position boxes.  I'm going to do some more research into the possibilities of a homebrew HPF and see if it's doable.  I may just get a SoundPro box, hack it open, and have a look around...
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:10:57 PM by Thom Joad »

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 04:14:30 PM »
I have a question

How is the Aerco MP2 providing power to the 4060s?  are you using a pair of the DAD60XX adapters?

thanx

sorry I can't help you with your problem

Offline Thom Joad

• Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 07:14:23 PM »
Yeah, the DAD6001's are what I use to connect the 4060's to the Aerco.  From what I remember of talking with Bruce, basically these are microdot/3-pin XLR adapters, that have a series of built in resistors that bring the 48V down to something in the neighborhood of 8V.   
They've worked well so far.

BobW

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 11:37:21 PM »
Yeah, the DAD6001's are what I use to connect the 4060's to the Aerco.  From what I remember of talking with Bruce, basically these are microdot/3-pin XLR adapters, that have a series of built in resistors that bring the 48V down to something in the neighborhood of 8V.   

How's the noise level ? (noise floor)

Offline Sean Gallemore

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 06:16:24 AM »

thanx for the info :)

+

Offline Thom Joad

• Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 09:22:29 AM »
Noise floor?  I wouldn't be the one to ask, since I wear hearing aids in both ears and can rarely hear the lower level noise that some of my friends with "golden ears" often comment on. 

Offline RedMountain

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2004, 06:18:53 AM »
Is there a way to add some sort of in-line rolloff without having to go the batt.box route?

What about just using the Lo Cut filter built into the D10ProII?

Offline Thom Joad

• Taperssection Member
  • Team TNT!
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2004, 07:56:14 AM »
I could/would do this for taper friendly bands, when I can have the DAT with me, however I am currently looking into getting some sort of Digital Audio Player/Recorder (Neuros, JB3, etc.) for super stealth mode when I need it.  The D10ProII is too friggin big for ultra low pro.   I would want the hypothetical inline HPF box for these applications.  Turns out there is a company here in town that makes all sorts of filters, some of which may be able to be used for my purposes.  I'm going to get in touch with them when I get the chance to see if they can do anything for me. 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.104 seconds with 39 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com