Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: (xpost) spec list for a perfect portable taping device.need input can yall help?  (Read 2383 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
My buddies  here in germany(who are sound engineers) are gonna help me write up a formal list of specifications to make the ultimate portable taper device. Have plans to send this request in a formal package to about 30-40 different companies(some here in germany, and the us) it may be laughes at, but there is a LOT of money to be made from tapers, and with the right specs, man, they could make a bundle, and have a HUGE customer base. I often get crazy ideas, blame it on my rabid dedication  for this hobby, but maybe someone that we send the info to  will take it seriously....Cant hurt to try, eh??
Anyway, if youall could input, thatd be great. I plan on citing some of the current complaints about the present gear from some of the forum threads...ANy help will be greatly appreciated..sorry bri bri moke and d for the xpost...im a dummy...

ray
« Last Edit: January 16, 2005, 10:47:13 AM by BigRay »

Offline lordzoster

• Taperssection Newbie
i'm looking for somebody experienced in electronics to assembly a SPDIF to IDE converter... After all, S/PDIF data is sequence of bit, it has to be possible to write it directly on a HardDisk.
From the responses i had it is possibile and not very hard (expensive, cumplicated, etc) to achieve.
The most difficult thing is the human resource, as always :)

Offline MattD

• Taper Emeritus
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
If it's IDE, I think you'd need a controller to handle the buffering and write cycles.
Out of the game … for now?

Offline lordzoster

• Taperssection Newbie
yes of course, an IDE controller to handle the hard disk, plus a FPGA to handle the filesystem and the SPDIF acquisition.
Maybe i'm totally wrong, but i'm thinking that any HD-datalogger can record digital data, anywhere they come from...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.057 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com