Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: minime vs. V3  (Read 11011 times)

Offline Brian Skalinder

• Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re:minime vs. V3
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2003, 06:38:58 PM »
i just think some people are talking down to me, not thinking i am informed, i was just asking for IMHO's, i know what both sound like,

Hey Chris -- apologies if you felt I was talking down to you.  Not my intent at all!  I just wanted to make sure you knew what your options were, that's all, understand where you were coming from, and help you make the decision that's best for you.  Sorry if it came across as down-talking.

If you're in NE Ohio sometime, you're welcome to borrow my V3 to see how it sounds with your mics.  :)
Milab VM-44 Links > Fostex FR-2LE or
Naiant IPA (tinybox format) >
Roland R-05

Offline creekfreak

• Retired from taping
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • My Son's School Bus
    • Rochester Groove
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2003, 07:52:21 PM »
I think that all we are trying to do is make sure you aren't going to make the same mistakes many of us have already made, aka wasting money on gear.
It is company policy never to imply ownership in the event of a dildo - We have to use the indefinite article; "A" dildo, never: "YOUR" dildo.
In Tyler we Trust

And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky is the limit!

My Current Rig:2004 Subaru WRX STI, Stage 3, 360hp, 380lb-ft

Offline nickgregory

• Admitted Jeter Homer
  • Trade Count: (2)
    • Hurricanes Insider
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2003, 08:57:13 PM »

i just think some people are talking down to me, not thinking i am informed, i was just asking for IMHO's, i know what both sound like,

My apologies if it came across that way...just trying to give you my first hand experience...

cpclark

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2003, 09:33:05 PM »
its all good in the hood fellas, i dont hold any grudges

cpclark

« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2003, 09:34:37 PM »
i guess i was being a little sensitive, i did ask for your opinions and thats what i got, no worries everyone, i loaded upsome keller to the livemusic archive 7/10 and 7/19 if anyone interested in some new keller.

cpclark

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2003, 09:36:04 PM »
anyone have a V3 or minime for me to borrow for camden -> IT, i know its a lot to ask , but im taking everyones advice and try to find a nice person to lend me one for 4 shows, thanks all. +T to everyone on the this thread and the one in the open forum

Offline Nick Culbreth

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2003, 10:44:36 PM »
chris - you're in cincy right?  i'd be willing to lend you my mp-2 and/or adc-20 if you're interested in seeing how they work w/ your mics.  for the price that mp2s and adc-20s are going for now you might want to look into that route.  as for the mini me and v3,  i've never had the chance to run either but i've heard great tapes made w/ both so it really just depends on what sound your ear like.

nick

cpclark

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2003, 11:13:06 PM »
i'd be interested in the mp-2, adc-20, ive alwasy liked the mp2, but since they discontinued it i kind of shyed away from it, but ive love to try it out and its cheaper than minime/v3 with both of the units together, i am in maryland at school, i should take cincy off there, i rarely go back anymore, but if your willing to ship i can do that no problem, just let me know if its cool, ill be here on and off for a while

DaryanLenz

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2003, 08:42:14 AM »
Chris,

When exactly are the shows?  I could possibly do some lending next week of the mini-me, as I don't see anything I amremotely interested in after my two day BT run until Grassroots festival over in Hunt Valley...which hapens to be where i am right now.

I also agree that some people were a bit harsh towards you.  IMHO, it is your money, and upgrading to either of those units would make for an overall improvement of sound, which I believe is your ultimate goal!  Get what makes you happy, not what any of us tell you!  An opinion is just that, an opinion, and doesn't mean shit if it doesn't do for you what you want it to.  My personal opinion is that the ad-20 is a thin sounding pre, and you would b much happier with the v3!

And once you get it, i would love to borrow it to run some more ab's with it...I have splitter cables and an extra deck if you want  to do some of your own!

Daryan

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2003, 10:17:33 AM »
i'd be interested in the mp-2, adc-20, ive alwasy liked the mp2, but since they discontinued it i kind of shyed away from it, but ive love to try it out and its cheaper than minime/v3 with both of the units together

Look into the Shure FP-24 or the Sound Devices MixPre; they are very, very similar products to the MP-2.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

cpclark

« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2003, 04:17:11 PM »
im still interested in your minime daryan if you still want to do it.  ill be gone from the evening of july29-aug.4or5

DaryanLenz

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2003, 04:27:35 PM »
That should work.  PM me and we can talk about details.

Daryan

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.07 seconds with 41 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com