Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Will the brick's charging adapter allow up to 220V???  (Read 2026 times)

Ray76

• Trade Count: (0)
Will the brick's charging adapter allow up to 220V???
« on: September 06, 2005, 09:40:52 PM »
Just curious, am going down to Munich and Koln to catch wilco, Ive had the 148 charging all day , but was just wondering...I have transformers but dont feel like lugging those around(they are 17 lbs each) and I also have the adapters that switch the plug from 110>220, but didnt know if that was safe....there isnt any mention of this on the adapter itself..so wanted to ask here.

..also.. will a day of charging at least get me through two wilco sets (90 min each??) ive heard mention that it takes overnight to fully charge the brick..and that with full charge..runtimes of= or >14 hrs??? if someone can, please clarify if you can...I have looked..,so dont nail me too hard.  :)

Thanks

Teddy
« Last Edit: September 06, 2005, 09:47:11 PM by BigRay »

Offline goose

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Will the brick's charging adapter allow up to 220V???
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005, 10:45:50 PM »
IME, doesn't matter what mics you run with it, the brick will power for greater than 10 hours, no doubt.  You will have no problem, assuming good/decent batteries, with 5 times what you want to record at full charge.

I have no idea on the voltage adapters.  Just go with a full charge and I can't imagine you would be disappointed by dead batteries.

Per Doug, 2-3 hours charge per hour of runtime should be sufficient to fully charge the m148 batteries, and of course, do not leave it on the charger after batteries should be full.

Have fun!

Ray76

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005, 03:30:33 AM »

..also.. will a day of charging at least get me through two wilco sets (90 min each??) ive heard mention that it takes overnight to fully charge the brick..and that with full charge..runtimes of= or >14 hrs??? if someone can, please clarify if you can...I have looked..,so dont nail me too hard.  :)

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=4254.0

thread entitled "m148 run times" in the pre/ad section big ray, hope it helps.

Thanks Sixto and Goose, +T fellers.
I want to add that the search feature here is weird...typing in "m148 run times" once yielded the same thread you mentioned,,,but only after trying it twice. ???

Ray76

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005, 09:15:45 AM »
good idea for next time. ! the setup you sold me, i love so much, I had to double it up. just the sound ive been wanting.  ;D
thanks Sixto, as always!#
T in 12

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.068 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com