Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: audiofile-engineering wave editor  (Read 47614 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
Re: audiofile-engineering wave editor
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2012, 08:00:25 PM »
Can you apply eq to a portion of a file in WE? I usually add a new layer and apply eq to the whole file, then flatten. I just want to apply eq to two songs from this concert recording. If not, what is the easiest way to split and export 24-bit tracks in WE? I usually do this in Audacity after dithering to 16-bit. Thanks!
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

Offline macdaddy

• Trade Count: (10)
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »
are there filesize restrictions..?

I am having trouble flattening a 24/96 recording that is a little better than two hours in length. either the resulting waveform never shows, or the program simply crashes. usually I just do set by set when this happens, but this one is one long continuous set, so doing it in pieces will be a pita; before I do that, I was hoping there was an easy fix...

thnaks, in advance.
-macdaddy ++

akg c422 > s42 > lunatec v2 > ad2k+ > roland r-44

Offline ArchivalAudio

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Teams Milab | MBHO | TeamVW:2011 Touareg TDI
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012, 05:58:11 PM »
ok any one with help or ideas.
I've been working on my Wilco 2012-09-25 and am ready to export all the tracks as wav's:

So I am ready to export my labels in WE 1.5.7 the latest update of it.
I used to simply select all the labels and right click to save selection to and  it would export all the labels (tracks) as wav's
however now I am getting a ton of force quits and I can only select one label track at a time.
however when it exports it appears to be exporting the entire 2gb file?

this used to work without any issues.

also now each time I do this is begins by flattening .... I have never seen this before.

any suggestions of how my time mastering and tracking this file won't be a waste of time?
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music
since 1986 & digitally since 1995

https://www.facebook.com/ArchivalAudio/

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak
Recorders: MixPre 10T •  Tascam DR-100 mkIII • Sony A-10 • Sony M-10 

macMini 3Ghz i7 16GB Ram 500GB SSD • MOTU UltraLite
Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2012, 07:21:42 PM »
I've been working on my Wilco 2012-09-25 and am ready to export all the tracks as wav's:

I used to simply select all the labels and right click to save selection to and  it would export all the labels (tracks) as wav's
however now I am getting a ton of force quits and I can only select one label track at a time.

also now each time I do this is begins by flattening .... I have never seen this before.

any suggestions of how my time mastering and tracking this file won't be a waste of time?

If I'm uploading the show this is what I do:  Select [View > Labels] then from the track label viewer select your first track, with track selected goto [File > Export Selection > Export as FLAC...].  Repeat for each track.  Once all the flacs are exported you can fix any SBE's, and create MD5 and FFP's using xACT.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2012, 11:27:13 PM »

If I'm uploading the show this is what I do:  Select [View > Labels] then from the track label viewer select your first track, with track selected goto [File > Export Selection > Export as FLAC...].  Repeat for each track.  Once all the flacs are exported you can fix any SBE's, and create MD5 and FFP's using xACT.

Thanx
I used to export as wave's easily as mentioned, then I could convert 24 bit to 16 bit using smple manager then use xact for all flac conversions, which was actually easy and preferred.

I'll try the flac method, wondering why the wav option is no longer available?

UPDATE:

This seems much more time consuming needing to do one track at a time. I mean with Wilco there are 26 tracks in the set. I have always been able to select all labels and save selection to and the process would be automated, each track would save and have the same (correct) naming. I could click and walk away and come back when it's done.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:47:30 PM by ArchivalAudio »
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Main Mics: Milab VM-44 Links • Milab DC-196's (Matched  Pair)  • MBHO KA500 or KA300 •
PreAmps:  BaybNbox  • Naiant LittleBox • Naiant [Milab VM44] TinyBox • Naiant PIPsqueak

Naiant MSH-2's •   TOA K1's • Beyer TG 153c's •  AT 853 (4.7kmod darktrain) • Countryman B3's (1 k mod)  + other assorted mics

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2012, 12:35:11 AM »
fwiw, I export to wav files by highlighting all in the label window>rt click>save selection as...

what I do is save a wedt file once everything but the resample/dither is done. that way, I open it>resample(44.1)/dither(16bit)>save to wav16 (and don't save the changes to the wedt file); open the wav16, load the labels>select all labels>rt click>save selection as. then for 24/96, I open the same wedt file, again, dither(to 24 bit), save to wav24, open wav24, load labels, save selection as...

hth
-macdaddy ++

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
« Reply #37 on: October 08, 2012, 01:51:44 PM »
If you are uploading flacs why would you export as .wav or .aiff or use Sample Manager?  Wave Editor has iZotope MBIT+ Dither for higher bit and sample rates when exporting as flacs.
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #38 on: October 08, 2012, 02:35:39 PM »
fwiw, I export to wav files by highlighting all in the label window>rt click>save selection as...

what I do is save a wedt file once everything but the resample/dither is done. that way, I open it>resample(44.1)/dither(16bit)>save to wav16 (and don't save the changes to the wedt file); open the wav16, load the labels>select all labels>rt click>save selection as. then for 24/96, I open the same wedt file, again, dither(to 24 bit), save to wav24, open wav24, load labels, save selection as...

hth

That's my point - I have always done this.... except now when I select all labels (markers)  I do NOT have the right click save selection to option.
maybe it's because the file size is larger than 2GB?

~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #39 on: October 08, 2012, 02:39:43 PM »
If you are uploading flacs why would you export as .wav or .aiff or use Sample Manager?  Wave Editor has iZotope MBIT+ Dither for higher bit and sample rates when exporting as flacs.

I use the same dither and resample, but I guess I like the flac options that xAct has with different levels.  Maybe there is no reason for this , but it's how I used to do it when I used Peak... before it had so many issues I went to Wave editor.
I purchased sample manger before I did wave editor, so  I have both.
I guess I use familiar workflow processes, because they do work...
I suppose I can change  :)

ps I just started this track by track and t01 which is about 2 minutes of intro and tuning, shows it will take 10 minutes.... WTF: this way of doing each track at a time will take forever... time I don't have wile watching my 2year old son....
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 02:51:26 PM by ArchivalAudio »
~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Offline ArchivalAudio

« Reply #40 on: October 08, 2012, 04:20:17 PM »
since the resulting file size is 1.43GB for track t01, I'll assume that it is the entire show... at 2hours 8 minutes 24/48
something is weird, over the 2GB limit?

~ Archival Audio ~
Archiving Worthy Music

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
« Reply #41 on: October 08, 2012, 04:35:08 PM »
I've accidentally exported the whole show as a flac file before, it takes a long time to do that and the resulting flac lost the track markers.  I export them one track at a time, it's an export to flac so it does take a little time.  Once my flacs have all been exported I modify the name of them each individually by copying the common info and then just revising them with; d1t01, d1t02, d1t03 etc...   

It's just the way I've always done it since I'm ultimately uploading flacs, figured it best to export them that way from Wave Editor since it can.  I'm open to suggestions if there is a more efficient/quicker workflow to accomplish the same task.  It's too bad Wave Editor doesn't build in support for uploading to LMA or ETREE like they do for Sound Cloud which I never use.   Maybe that's something Triumph will do or already does, idk, I'm only running the current version of Wave Editor (1.5.7) since Triumph requires an OS update?.

Wave Editor lists [MD5 checksum for image.dat files in DDP sets  new!] as a feature, don't know what this is, I use xACT for MD5 and FFP from the exported flacs.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 04:46:49 PM by DigiGal »

Offline macdaddy

« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2012, 01:01:46 AM »
I don't make the flacs in wav editor because wave editor cuts the tracks with sbes. so, I export the wav files, fix 'em in xact, then flac 'em.
-macdaddy ++

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2012, 08:11:32 AM »

Wave Editor does not cut tracks on sector boundaries.  By exporting to flac from Wave Editor, you're wasting time because it's converting to flac as it exports, but then when you fix the SBEs, you're decoding the flac files and then encoding them again. 

Offline Massive Dynamic

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • 20 years of the best in apocalyptic gothic metal
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2012, 02:38:05 PM »
Naiant X-X > SP-SPSB-1 > M10
Superlux S502 > Denecke PS-2 > Hosa MIT-435 > M10

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.078 seconds with 44 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com