Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Where to get male RCA to 1/8 inch mini cable for AD20?  (Read 5848 times)

Offline Arglebargle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
Where to get male RCA to 1/8 inch mini cable for AD20?
« on: August 18, 2003, 11:42:06 PM »
I'd like to find a short high quality cable to replace the coax with the gold RCA >1/8 Mini adaptor I'm using now. I googled and shopped around a bit but came back empty. I also have the stock gray crappy one too. But I feel the fewer the adaptors in the chain and the better the cables, the less likely everything goes kaput. Thanks!

rabhan

Re:Where to get male RCA to 1/8 inch mini cable for AD20?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 11:45:02 PM »
try your local guitar store, guitar center, sam ash, etc.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2003, 09:14:32 AM »
I was gonna post about how all you need is an adapter, but sounds like you're already using one.  If you find anything good, let me know.  I don't really like how big the adapter/cable combo is that I have now...
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2003, 05:28:22 PM »
I'd like to find a short high quality cable to replace the coax with the gold RCA >1/8 Mini adaptor I'm using now. I googled and shopped around a bit but came back empty. I also have the stock gray crappy one too. But I feel the fewer the adaptors in the chain and the better the cables, the less likely everything goes kaput. Thanks!

I would honestly just stick with the gold adaptor.  You would probably have to get a custom digital cable made and that would cost a little bit of money.  Those Radio Shack adaptors are pretty good as well; if something is wrong in the chain, odds are that it is not the adaptor.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2003, 08:48:02 AM »
I doubt you'd need a custom cable, all you'd need is an RCA > mini cable.  It's not like the adapter I'm using now is made for digital cables, it's just a mono mini > RCA adapter.  

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2003, 10:14:40 AM »
I doubt you'd need a custom cable, all you'd need is an RCA > mini cable.  It's not like the adapter I'm using now is made for digital cables, it's just a mono mini > RCA adapter.  

I am not an expert in digital cables, but are you sure about this?  It seems to me that the cable material may be responsible for carrying the digital signal, not the adaptor.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2003, 10:56:41 AM »
Well it obviously has to go through the adapter to get to the cable.  I was under the impression that RCA cables were all basically the same.  For instance, if you hook up your AV stuff but switch the white and the yellow RCA cables (left channel audio and video), it'll still work as long as the two are switched on both components...

Edit - Obviously some will be of higher quality than others, but I'm not so sure there's a difference between an RCA digital cable and an analog cable at a basic level, other than one may cost more. ;)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2003, 10:58:36 AM by John Kelly »

rabhan

« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2003, 11:16:31 AM »
well, when i went to get rca cables for my ua5, i went for the tsunami car audio grade over the monster cable home audio grade bc the tsunamis have silver solder and titanium coated connectors, and the shielding is a lot better.

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
    • The Jokell
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2003, 11:22:11 AM »
Yeah, some can be of higher quality than others, but I don't think there's an actual difference between a digital RCA cable and an analog RCA cable.  I could be way off, though... ;)

Offline zhianosatch

• god-damned hippies!
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2003, 03:53:54 PM »
Well it obviously has to go through the adapter to get to the cable.  I was under the impression that RCA cables were all basically the same.  For instance, if you hook up your AV stuff but switch the white and the yellow RCA cables (left channel audio and video), it'll still work as long as the two are switched on both components...

Those are both analog RCA cables and adapters.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.086 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com