Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New TS-2 Preamp ... now (in low gear) in its third trimester  (Read 47732 times)

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I thought I heard.......
    • Nick's Picks
Re: New TS-2 Preamp ... now (stuck) in its third trimester
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2009, 07:13:15 AM »
wow....100% profit w/o any expense?
sounds Like I'm in the wrong line of work too.

Honest, i'm sure there is a minor investment in materials to build these.
LMA recordings and what-not

Live music: hauling around a Marshall stack whose output will get squeezed through a single SM57, then mangled by a Guinness-soaked mixer and shoved through suspicious-smelling power amps into a pair of grungy cabinets whose best days were before they left the factory, all of which are under the control of an engineer who would much rather be at home watching television.

Offline JackoRoses

• Trade Count: (0)
  • lost cause
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2009, 08:37:05 AM »
I don't see what is so special about these? Anyone care to enlighten me?
The way I see it, there are lots of good options available for what this thing would sell for.
TO be honest, I wouldn't spend 500 on it let alone 700 when you can get an all in one box modded by oade for the same price. Heck there have been bricks popping up and aerco's etc.
Or go for a v3.
After seeing his site I could tell this guy stuck his foot in his mouth and wasn't going to sell this 2 ch for 500$ when he is selling his single kits for 360 which is another story unto itself...
Than the email that was posted where he admitted it...
Not that I really care to find out yet I'm sure we could contract out some chinese sweat shop and come up with the same thing for under a 100$ shipped to the states...
http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/jackoroses
AKG ck61's/ck62's/ck63's/480b's > zaolla's/Dogstar silver cables > optimod V3  > zaolla spdif> HD-P2
"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. "
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Big Brother is here and he is watching you.

Offline OOK

• Trade Count: (17)
  • formerly OtherOneK
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2009, 09:44:04 PM »
Now I really try not to get involved in these kind of things very much..........but here goes......We have here someone in the industry who is as passionate about recording audio as we are.  There are very few with the knowledge and abilities that FF has let alone the equipment to churn out the product.  Has it taken longer than expected, yeah but so what. So what if the product is on the back burner. 

We are all part of a real small niche of people who take the time to record.  Remember we are deal with a society that thinks MP3 makes a great recording......

Remember this guy found us we didn’t find him.  This guy has been listening to our suggestions and actually using them.  How many other companies do that...
uh like 4...Busman, Oade, Areco and Church.........forget the big companies.....

Lets put this into perspective we all have our priorities to take care, like food shelter ect....this product isn't going to turn a quick buck for him.  With the economy the way it is and people losing their jobs left and right.   FF has to focus on what is going to keep him in business supporting his family ect.

As far as having someone over sees put a similar product together for cheap and cheap is what it would be......isn't that why we are all experiencing the financial melt down in the first place.  US job going over seas, the bad loans, spending more than we had to pay..10billion a month is war spending…...Lets put this all into perspective people.  This product will be done when its done.....I for one am still excited...and I may not even be able to get one of the first runs.....

Take a look in the yard sales.  People are dumping gear left and right, why because the hobby isn’t a hobby if you have to put food on your table or pay your bills after losing your job…..I have never seen so much gear in my life…..The problem is no one has any money to buy it…

FF is focusing on what he needs to focus on at the moment; lets cut the guy some slack.  He will be back in the picture and the product will be released.  And when this pre sounds fantastic and gets a good reputation, he can charge what he wants…..remember people are still selling V2 for top dollar…..how long is that out of production.

People just need some perspective……………..enough said….Let it ride…….

Peace OOK
DPA/HEB 4060's > R09HR
MBHO648/KA100Lk/KA200/KA300/KA500 > SD702

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Saint Paul, MN
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2009, 05:51:54 AM »
^^
What he said.

OtheroneK - you hit the nail on the head!!  Thank you for your post!

:)

« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 05:53:32 AM by dactylus »
hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline intpseeker

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Taperssection Member
  • In music the passions enjoy themselves
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2009, 07:07:30 AM »
QFT, OtheroneK.

Perspective folks. People are losing their jobs, homes, and sense of self.

This is a pre-amp, a potentially nice one, but a freaking pre-amp just the same.

A little slack would be good for all of us.
Mics:        Akg 451 eb A51's, ck-1's, ck-2's, ck 8's
                Peluso CEMC6 MK2, MK4, MK21, MK41
                AKG 391
                CA-11 cards and omnis
Pre:          ST-9100
Cables:     XTC Silvers, DT47-12's
Recorders: ACM PMD660
                 Busman modded R-4
                 PCM-M10
                 DR-70D
                 Church modded R-09 micsketeer
“One good thing about music, when it hits- you feel no pain” - Bob Marley

stevetoney

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2009, 09:58:24 AM »
I don't think anybody has a problem with the concept of competing priorities...but that's simply not a valid excuse for dropping off the earth and leaving the group hanging.  How much time does it take to communicate?? 

He had plenty of time to give when he wanted something from TS.com (research, design input, feedback, etc) now that TS.com wants something back from him...he's simply disappeared.

It's also no excuse for picking the brains of this group under the pretense of putting out a specially made preamp targeted to this group, but then using that information to put out a product with all of the same features that apparently appeals to the more general public instead.  Until the TS-2's are delivered, that feels to me like a bait-and-switch.

Obviously, he had time and made priority enough to put out the single channel version of the TS-2...so when exactly WILL the TS-2 emerge as important enough that it becomes a priority to him if it hasn't before now?  After the next product is developed...the one after that?

I mainly just feel badly for the 8 or so of you that are waiting for your TS-2.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 10:14:01 AM by tonedeaf »

Roving Sign

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »
Is there a scenario where some other person/parties could just buy the whole project?

Offline dactylus

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
  • Saint Paul, MN
« Reply #82 on: March 19, 2009, 10:53:02 AM »
I don't think anybody has a problem with the concept of competing priorities...but that's simply not a valid excuse for dropping off the earth and leaving the group hanging.  How much time does it take to communicate?? 

He had plenty of time to give when he wanted something from TS.com (research, design input, feedback, etc) now that TS.com wants something back from him...he's simply disappeared.

It's also no excuse for picking the brains of this group under the pretense of putting out a specially made preamp targeted to this group, but then using that information to put out a product with all of the same features that apparently appeals to the more general public instead.  Until the TS-2's are delivered, that feels to me like a bait-and-switch.

Obviously, he had time and made priority enough to put out the single channel version of the TS-2...so when exactly WILL the TS-2 emerge as important enough that it becomes a priority to him if it hasn't before now?  After the next product is developed...the one after that?

Wow -  :hmmm:

I am one of the 8 and I don't feel badly at all.  FiveFish doesn't owe this group anything...  He DID NOT collect any funds from anyone.  You guys need to lighten up on your entitlement feelings.  I can't believe that you actually mean what you just wrote.  Ruel was doing us a favor in my opinion.  Obviously you don't feel that way.  I'm not gonna try and change your mind or anyone else's on this subject.  So, this will be my last comment on the slight delay in the TS-2.

hot licks > microphones > recorder

...ball of confusion, that's what the world is today, hey hey...

Offline Church-Audio

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (43)
« Reply #83 on: March 19, 2009, 12:49:41 PM »

Wow -  :hmmm:

I am one of the 8 and I don't feel badly at all.  FiveFish doesn't owe this group anything...  He DID NOT collect any funds from anyone.  You guys need to lighten up on your entitlement feelings.  I can't believe that you actually mean what you just wrote.  Ruel was doing us a favor in my opinion.  Obviously you don't feel that way.  I'm not gonna try and change your mind or anyone else's on this subject.  So, this will be my last comment on the slight delay in the TS-2.

As a wiseman once told me "shit happens" Really I dont think some of you guys understand how much work goes into developing a product and how much money it takes. I for one am a bit disappointed in some of the remarks from some of the group here. I dont see allot of manufacturers lining up to make toys for you to play with. Be grateful there are a few of us still able to hang on in these tough times.

Chris
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline perks

• Trade Count: (24)
« Reply #84 on: March 19, 2009, 12:59:06 PM »

You'd have a valid point if you actually had some skin in the game. I think you should let the 8 people who are out no $ but were involved in a good conversation with a skilled manufactor speak for themselves.

ever hear of easy come, easy go?

Mics: Schoeps MK5, Schoeps MK41, AT853u (C,SC,H)
Preamps/converters: Schoeps VMS52UB (x2), Nbox (x2), E.A.A. PSP-2 (x2) Grace Lunatec V2 (for sale), Sound Devices MP-2 (for sale), DPA MMA6000, Naiant Tinybox v1.5, Apogee Mini-Me, Benchmark AD2k+
Recorders: Tascam DR-680, Korg MR-1, Edirol R-05, Sony PCM-M10 (x2), Tascam DR-07

stevetoney

« Reply #85 on: March 19, 2009, 02:18:26 PM »
I for one am a bit disappointed in some of the remarks from some of the group here. I dont see allot of manufacturers lining up to make toys for you to play with. Be grateful there are a few of us still able to hang on in these tough times.

Chris, you make good points.  Apologies to you and the other manufacturers for dumping.

You'd have a valid point if you actually had some skin in the game. I think you should let the 8 people who are out no $ but were involved in a good conversation with a skilled manufactor speak for themselves.

ever hear of easy come, easy go?

You're absolutely right.  It's too easy to sit at this computer and critique.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 02:28:03 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #86 on: March 19, 2009, 02:28:20 PM »
You're absolutely right.  It's easy to sit at this computer and critique...I let down my guard. 

I'm sorry I made a mistake.

It seems like you have to apologize for and edit most of your posts here on TS.  Maybe that should tell you something.

stevetoney

« Reply #87 on: March 19, 2009, 02:30:45 PM »
You're absolutely right.  It's easy to sit at this computer and critique...I let down my guard. 

I'm sorry I made a mistake.

It seems like you have to apologize for and edit most of your posts here on TS.  Maybe that should tell you something.

Yeah, that I'm an idiot and you're really smart. 

Offline Nick's Picks

• Trade Count: (29)
  • I thought I heard.......
    • Nick's Picks
« Reply #88 on: March 19, 2009, 05:23:19 PM »
 :yack:
LMA recordings and what-not

Live music: hauling around a Marshall stack whose output will get squeezed through a single SM57, then mangled by a Guinness-soaked mixer and shoved through suspicious-smelling power amps into a pair of grungy cabinets whose best days were before they left the factory, all of which are under the control of an engineer who would much rather be at home watching television.

Offline Jeremy Lykins

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #89 on: March 19, 2009, 05:59:43 PM »
Yeah, that I'm an idiot and you're really smart. 

Not quite.  The lesson to be learned is that none of us are smart and we're ALL idiots.  I tried to apply to be King Idiot, but I lost the paperwork somewhere.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.213 seconds with 37 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com