Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audition CC crossfade  (Read 6377 times)

Offline Since85

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Taperssection Regular
Audition CC crossfade
« on: January 23, 2014, 10:42:52 AM »
If I have a stereo 2 track file, how do I select a section and crossfade it? I can fade in/out, but not apply a crossfade to a particular selection.
I can access crossfade via the clip menu, but it is always greyed out when dealing with a stereo two track file.

Any advice appreciated, Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:47:46 AM by Since85 »

Marshall7

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Audition CC crossfade
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2014, 03:57:46 PM »
Will it let you isolate each track and apply the crossfade one at a time?

cashandkerouac

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »
this has always stumped me as well.  the only way i know how to do crossfades in adobe audition is in multi-track mode by overlapping the tracks.  the crossfade will happen automatically based on the degree to which you overlap the tracks.

kirk97132

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 07:14:38 PM »
A crossfade implies you are using two tracks and fading from one to another.  If you are trying to eliminate a portion of a track and cross fade the two pieces then you need to split the track turing it into two tracks which you can crossfade together and then export as a single file. 

All crossfade work needs to be done in multitrack screen.  This cannot be done in waveform screen.  Different workflows for the two screens.   Multitrack screens are where you can do any type of editing/work.  Waveform screen is limited to only certain features for editing.  To delete a portion and crossfade.  Select track you are working on....place marker, right click select split.  Move marker to end point of section you are wanting to cut, place marker, right click select split.  you can now delete that center section and crossfade the two remaining splits.  Export wave as desired.  OR Bounce to new track, open track in waveform and save.  Depends on your personal workflow and desired results which way you approach things

Offline EarlyMorningRain

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 12:14:41 PM »
This feature alone is worth the effort of updating from AA1.0... and it was free.  8)

not my thread, but thanks to all for the cross fade suggestions!

Ben, are you successfully running AA ver3.0 from that download tip I gave you?
 :P

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.069 seconds with 29 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com