Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: USB drive for Digital Soundboard  (Read 9166 times)

Offline Life In Rewind

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
Re: USB drive for Digital Soundboard
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2016, 09:19:07 AM »

"There is also an AES out - and it defaults to L/R out..."

Oh man, thanks for pointing that out.  I never noticed this.  I could definitely run into the 744t with this and not even has to ask the FOH in my venue to send me the feed.

I've been running this into my Behringer Ultramatch 24/96 SRC to get an analog out for my DR-70D - works like a charm - I pretty sure this is a 24 bit feed - at 44 or 48 depending on how the console is set.

I keep this image handy - (the way ours is set - its hard for me to see the back of the console)

https://media.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/images/products/P0ASF/2000Wx2000H/X32_P0ASF_Rear_XL.png

Offline buckster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2016, 01:03:39 PM »
On the X32, USB-stick recording should always be available...the biggest hitch is finding a USB stick that the console will actually like...
Let me ask.....has anyone using a USB stick on the X32 have the recording file reach the 2GB limit and start a second file seamlessly??  Twice I've had new files created at the 2GB limit and neither was seamless; there was a clear audible gap.  Having recorders that perform this task effortlessly, I was shocked when it happened with the USB stick.  The sound guys I work with are terrific and they stop & restart the USB stick recording @ set break so the 2GB limit doesn't become an issue.   

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2016, 02:35:41 PM »
Just because some routing is defaulted on the x32 doesn't mean that the engineer hasn't loaded his showfile and changed all the routing.

stay away from the monitor outs, that's the solo/pfl bus and will cause you problems when the engineer solos a channel in his headphones

By default, there is nothing assigned to the AES out, you have to get the engineer to assign whatever bus you want to it.

I've spent most of 2015-2016 touring with an x32 and the only thing I use the onboard recorder for is a quick 2 track file so the band can listen on the bus after the show.
it's not terribly reliable, it hates certain brands of USB drives, and can insert diginoise and dropouts if you don't have it formatted correctly.
Multitrack via the FW/usb out + a normal AUD/SBD mix into my DR70D makes sure that every note is recorded throughout the whole tour.  ;D
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2016, 07:24:37 PM »
You guys were spot on....and thanks Life In Rewind for the link to a picture of the back of the X32.

Thanks voltronic, it surely was him using Pre-Fade Listen (PFL)...yep, I was plugged in to the monitor outs.  Won't do that again.

Patrick, I could use the AES out, but if I have to bother the engineer to get him to assign something to it, would I be better off asking for and using the RCA R/L outs?

Are the AUX OUT RCA's  on the X32 like common "tape outs"?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com