Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)  (Read 14856 times)

Offline xjsb125

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Newbie
    • An Our Lady Peace Fan Forum
Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2017, 10:10:30 PM »
I took my deck out for use the first time this past weekend. Important lesson I learned: If the power source runs out, the unit will not detect it and write the files before shutting down. Instead, it will shut down and your filles will float off into digital never land. :banging head:
"I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die. So let me live my life, the way I want to."

Offline morst

• Archivist: Camper Van Beethoven & Cracker
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Get in touch if you wanna record Cracker or CVB!
    • Soundscape Preservation Society
Re: Tascam DR-70D 4-channel audio recorder (Part 8)
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2017, 10:51:05 PM »
The file size limit for WAV is 4 GB, although many recorders split at 2 GB. As I recall, this is a holdover from older FAT systems. Some recorders, such as the Marantz PMD-620/661 and SD MixPre-3/6 (and the 7-series, I think) and others, allow 4 GB splits...
One way to get longer files without exceeding the 4GB limit is to record in "dual mono" instead of stereo for each track pair. Then each mono file can go over four hours at 24 bit, before it hits the limit and requires a new file...
Teams: Neumann, Bay Area Tapers, Multitrack, Pioneertown Tapers, Mac Geeks, Cassette Masters, Poster Collectors, Alumni of teams St Louis, Upper Midwest & Milwaukee / Southern Wisco

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.083 seconds with 24 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com