Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iPhone recording w/toggle  (Read 3312 times)

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
iPhone recording w/toggle
« on: May 14, 2018, 11:45:42 PM »
I was in Chicago for a work conference with my wife back in February and it turned out that on a  free night one of our favorite artists performed at a great venue in Chicago. I had two iPhones and none of my actual taping gear. So, I used the headphones for my iPhone 10 to use as a microphone and I used an 8+ to try to record an ALD I got from the venue. Obviously, Apple got a way from the headphone standard jack so I had to use the lightning port toggle > stereo input. However, that would not pick up any signal (going into the phone, worked fine otherwise). So, I was unable to get the source using the toggle to record any input. I checked the settings numerous times and could not get anything.

I have read that some tapers have been able to record analog into the toggle/lightning port... how and what program did you use to do it? Thank you.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: iPhone recording w/toggle
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 08:38:35 PM »
I’m not understanding exactly what you did, but I found online that the lightning > stereo adaptor only recognizes mics if the adaptor is connected to the mic prior to being plugged into the phone.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

Offline rippleish20

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 08:49:35 PM »

I also don't understand what you did, but the 1/8 inch to lightning adapter in lieu of a headset connector doesn't work for audio input from what I've read (even with TRRS cable), if that's what toggle means...
AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) /  Neumann KM100 (AK40, AK50) / AT853s  (cardiod, omni) / CA-14 (cardiod) / CA-11 (Omni) / Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F-3
paypal: rippleish20@gmail.com

Offline Galen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Collective Unconscious.org
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2018, 12:32:41 AM »

This.

This is what my issue was. Hey, thank you. Best.

I’m not understanding exactly what you did, but I found online that the lightning > stereo adaptor only recognizes mics if the adaptor is connected to the mic prior to being plugged into the phone.
Sony PCM-M1 
Sony TCD-100
Sony TCD-D8
Nakamichi CM-300
DPA 4061
Wires & Waves
Invested Enigmatic Matriculation

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2018, 03:07:24 AM »

This.

This is what my issue was. Hey, thank you. Best.

:coolguy:

Next time just Jerry rig a rig with the two iPhone internal mics. :bigsmile:
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, AT853 c+o
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-2d

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.059 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com