Gear / Technical Help > Recording Gear

Mixpre 6 Question

(1/3) > >>

down2earthlandscaper:
I've never encountered this issue yet with the Mixpre 6.

All is normal on channels 1/2 (Nak 700's P48 mod) and 3/4 (dpa4022's)

Channel 5/6 (Aux "Line In" on Mixpre 6) was AKGck63 > Naiant Tinybox > Line In on Mixpre 6 .

Gain was set to medium on Tinybox and 6db for channels 5/6 on Mixpre 6.

To the best of my knowledge limiters were Off.

So channel 5/6 is where the issue occurs.

Why is the wave form chopped off abruptly and no peaks above -6db on channel 5/6 ?  The levels did seem a little hot but nothing too crazy, however I did kick them down to 3db after the 3rd song.

Does anyone no why this would appear to be brick walled?

Craig T:
I'd start looking here:

--- Quote from: down2earthlandscaper on September 04, 2018, 03:06:23 AM ---Gain was set to medium on Tinybox

--- End quote ---

I brickwalled a few recordings with my TB set to medium gain in not so loud situations.

dallman:

--- Quote from: Craig T on September 04, 2018, 08:58:33 AM ---I'd start looking here:

--- Quote from: down2earthlandscaper on September 04, 2018, 03:06:23 AM ---Gain was set to medium on Tinybox

--- End quote ---

I brickwalled a few recordings with my TB set to medium gain in not so loud situations.

--- End quote ---
I'd tend to agree. I have used the TB on low and had the gain higher on my 5/6 Mixpre6 settings.

down2earthlandscaper:

--- Quote from: dallman on September 04, 2018, 11:31:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Craig T on September 04, 2018, 08:58:33 AM ---I'd start looking here:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
I'd tend to agree. I have used the TB on low and had the gain higher on my 5/6 Mixpre6 settings.

--- End quote ---

The Tinybox setting does make sense as the culprit.
. I’m curious however. Why does it cut off at exactly -6db?

goodcooker:

I agree on the Tinybox being the culprit. I used MED on a show that I didn't think was that loud and my DR60d showed good levels but the recording was toast. I used low every time other than that and it was perfect.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version