Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: HELP IN CHOOSING LAVALIER FOR EDIROL R-1  (Read 2123 times)

Offline kono

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
HELP IN CHOOSING LAVALIER FOR EDIROL R-1
« on: May 23, 2005, 03:48:11 PM »
Hello,

I recently bought the edirol r-1, and saw the quite active thread, but I need help in finding a good lavalier to use with the recorder. I'm looking for a lavalier cause I need the whole rig to fit in my pocket.

i was considering maybe one of those:SONICSTUDIO LAPEL MIC, CORE SOUND CSB or LCB, SENNEHEISER ME104, AT-853-SP, MICROPHONE MADNESS MM-HLSC-LAPEL based on Sennheiser MKE-40 capsule, SHURE MX185BP, AUDIO TECHNICA AT831B, AKG LM 3 L + AKG CK31.
which one you suggest? maybe you have other offers?

let me describe you what i do:
I'm recording lectures. The person whom I'm recording is sitting during the whole lecture in room sized 650-700sq. foot, and I can place the mic as close as 12-20 inchs away from him. His voice is also heard over 2 loudspeakers in the room.

I'm recording the lectures in 16/24bit 44khz, and afterwards making a CD out of it. Which means that I need to have a good and clear sound of the lecturer. It's very important for me to give the listener the feeling that he's really in the lecture, that's why I'm also considering maybe using binaural mics. What's your opinion?

To tell you the honest truth, i really don't know what kind of microphone do I need apart from it being small eg. Lavalier, in order to fit my pocket so I can take it with me comfortably. Other than this I don't know what is going to better for me: cariodic or omni? With 9v battery or without? A stereo mic or mono? XLR vs. mini plug?

Please, please, help me choose the right mic for my needs, it's very important for me,

Thank you very much,

Avraham.

p.s, I have also I technical question. If the Nominal Input Level Mic input: -40dBu (input level set to maximum) Line input: -10dBu (input level set to maximum)

What does it mean? How much output/sensitivity should the mic have to match correctly with the r-1?

I'm enclosing the edirol r-1 specs fro you convenience:

Audio Input/Output
Input
(1/8" phone jack : plug-in powered compatible type)

Dynamic Range:  83dB
S:N 93 dB

Nominal Input Level (adjustable)
Mic input: -40dBu
(input level set to maximum)
Line input: -10dBu
(input level set to maximum)

Input Impedance
Mic input: 6.8 k ohms
Line input: 100 k-ohm

Maximum Output Level (adjustable)
9 dBu (output volume set to maximum)

Recommended Load Impedance
32 ohms

Frequency Response
20 Hz--20 kHz (+/- 2dBu)

Residual Noise Level
(input level set to maximum/output
volume set to maximum)
-84dBu

Signal Processing
AD/DA conversion 24 bit / 44.1 kHz

Power Supply
AC adaptor (included) or Battery Rechargeable Ni-MH AA x 2 or Alkaline AA x 2. R-1 has no charge function.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 27 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com