Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: "Stage Micing ????"  (Read 6140 times)

Offline svenkid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Take Time to Listen!
Re: "Stage Micing ????"
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2005, 03:29:14 PM »
as for getting vocals with onstage mica, I run hypers, and I tend to get vocals, not as crispy as otherwise, but it worksfor my needs  :laugh:
Seriously, the band makes the music. Tapers just point mics in the right direction and hit "record".

That's good to hear!  The last patcher I had complained about my AKGs, fluffed schoeps for about 15 minutes, stayed patched in, and farted on me all night long.
rig: Neuman u89s > Lunatec V3 > MT(24)/JB3(16)
http://db.etree.org/svenkid

Um, in my room, one seam is a little off and I stare at it constantly. It's, like, destroying me.

Offline rowjimmytour

• Trade Count: (3)
    • My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2005, 06:07:59 PM »
Just finished my new rca's and I am goin' to see whut happens but I would not mind goin' for a matrix because I haven't tried a SDB or matrix feed ever. By the way the band is HBRSB and they come to town every three months or so. They are very generous w/ SDB feeds but who knows how long that well last aleast for the general public.
Peace

http://www.archive.org/bookmarNo
And the trees are all kept equal
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2005, 06:15:16 PM »
Just finished my new rca's and I am goin' to see whut happens but I would not mind goin' for a matrix because I haven't tried a SDB or matrix feed ever. By the way the band is HBRSB and they come to town every three months or so. They are very generous w/ SDB feeds but who knows how long that well last aleast for the general public.
Peace

Josh is the man (FOH) i know sometimes he runs a cd-burner from the board but he has still given me a patch , he is really cool, i wouldn't expect any issues getting a patch - gonna catch HBRSB this weekend in Diego, its been a while since i've seen them, SO excited for the show - good luck
JW mod AKG 460b (ck61/ck63 or mk46/ck1x/ck3x)>  EAA PSP-2 > 722

Segue Dogstar XLRs and Interconnects

ISO: (2) ck2x

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »
My last spread of butter was at the harvest meltdown in Yosemite! Any how, If ya patch from the CD burner what kinda outs does it have and is it worth goin' CD burner>UA5>NJUB3? Or not? I hope ya pull a kind show down South and for the name of good Butter please post it after.
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »
My last spread of butter was at the harvest meltdown in Yosemite! Any how, If ya patch from the CD burner what kinda outs does it have and is it worth goin' CD burner>UA5>NJUB3? Or not? I hope ya pull a kind show down South and for the name of good Butter please post it after.
Peace

i patched RCA outs from Josh, but I believe he said he could give me whatever i needed

couldn't answer the 2nd part about going UA-5 > JB3 - that was my one and only patch and i haven't been to a show where I could get another patch where I wanted to learn to do a matrix. my buddy is gonna give his first try at taping this weekend at the show, so if we can get a full rig together for him, I may try to get a martix from the belly up since I know there will be another AUD source in case I mess things up

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2005, 07:15:10 PM »
Cool and +t terrapinj!!! Can't waite to try the new rca cables.
Peace
By hatchet, axe and saw

Offline terrapinj

• Jonesin' for Tunes
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 04:15:05 PM »
how'd it go?

Offline rowjimmytour

• My LMA bookmarks
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 06:10:21 PM »
I am not totally sure if it was a complete failure yet but I think so. Josh of course greeted me like he knew me forever and invited me to make my self at home and get comfortable. Any how, hot show but I never ran sound board into my UA5>NJB3 before and was using the back rca inputs in and optical out to my NJB3 w/ the XLR cables still plugged into front (Forgot to unplug) but phantam power off. I am not sure why I could not see levels on my NJB3 even though I cranked up the little knob in back past 3 o'clock. Tonight I am going to check out why it failed if it was a complete failure or not. I am pretty sure I got no signal goin' into NJB3 but was not sure why because when I saw that I tried a SDIf rca cable and I changed the input Digital/anolog also I played w/ moniter on and off. Still no clue.
By hatchet, axe and saw

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com