Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Adding track marks  (Read 8207 times)

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
Adding track marks
« on: August 18, 2003, 05:26:17 PM »
Ok so I have been burning shows as one long track but the other day I decided to actually sit down and track out a show.  Many of the recordings I have got from others that have been tracked out have those annoying 2 second gaps.  I find anything that interupts the flow of the music and the realism of a live recording to be annoying so I set out to avoid this.  I mainly use Nero as it came with my cd burner but I'm having some issues.  First I went through my recording making a seperate file for each track (Is there any other way?).  Then I dragged and dropped the tracks in order in the box for stuff to be burned.  I right clicked all tracks but the first and removed the two second gaps and then burned the disc.  Now when I put the disc in my player there are no two second gaps but there is still a small skip (or click) that is audible on playback.  Is there anyway to avoid this or is that just how it is if I want track marks?  Are there any other types of software I could use (that are free) that would be better?  I have EAC also but I have not been able to figure out how to use it for anything other than recording.  Is there another way to add trackmarks in Nero without saving each track as a different file?  Any help would surely be appreciated by all the w00ks I send shows to as they usually get one or two long tracks on a disc.
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

"If you like the Beach Boys, you'll love Widespread Panic."    -Big Mike

"Music Sounds Better on Grass" -Clear Channel advertising

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
Re:Adding track marks
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2003, 05:41:10 PM »
d00d, use cd wave editor, download it for free off of etree.org, it is so frickin easy to use, cuts tracks on the correct sector boundarys, and you'll never ever ever have to listen to annoying gaps or clicks between songs again unless you're a dumbfuck and screw up the burning yourself.  cd wave is highly recommended!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2003, 05:54:35 PM »
cuts tracks on the correct sector boundarys

Big works like these confuse me!  ???
« Last Edit: August 18, 2003, 06:02:53 PM by wp420247 »
When cleaning out her attic, Grace found several bootleg recordings her mother had made while traveling around the world with the Grateful Dead. Grace is not permitted to sell these bootleg recordings on eBay.

rabhan

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2003, 06:55:13 PM »
just get cdwav and read all the FAQs at etree.org....all your confusions are belong to me

Offline zhianosatch

• Trade Count: (1)
  • god-damned hippies!
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 08:54:55 PM »
soooooooo easy, matt. just dl it. i promise!

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 09:51:00 PM »
Yeah, its easy as cake. Even better now that it supports 24-bit & whatever sample rate you want.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline herrmann2burn

• Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2003, 09:53:55 PM »
Ok so I have been burning shows as one long track but the other day I decided to actually sit down and track out a show.  Many of the recordings I have got from others that have been tracked out have those annoying 2 second gaps.  I find anything that interupts the flow of the music and the realism of a live recording to be annoying so I set out to avoid this.  I mainly use Nero as it came with my cd burner but I'm having some issues.  First I went through my recording making a seperate file for each track (Is there any other way?).  Then I dragged and dropped the tracks in order in the box for stuff to be burned.  I right clicked all tracks but the first and removed the two second gaps and then burned the disc.  Now when I put the disc in my player there are no two second gaps but there is still a small skip (or click) that is audible on playback.  Is there anyway to avoid this or is that just how it is if I want track marks?  Are there any other types of software I could use (that are free) that would be better?  I have EAC also but I have not been able to figure out how to use it for anything other than recording.  Is there another way to add trackmarks in Nero without saving each track as a different file?  Any help would surely be appreciated by all the w00ks I send shows to as they usually get one or two long tracks on a disc.

Definately, CD Wave is the BomB!!!!

Which version of Nero do you use to burn?
I use Nero to Burn also...the one that came with my TDK Burner.  It is Nero Express.
Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 05:07:59 AM »
OK so I got CD wave, I tracked out the show but I still got the little clicks or pauses when each track changes.  Is there any way to burn DAO with Nero (V5.5.8.2 regular Nero burning ROM not express) besides removing the two second gaps?  Is there a better free choise for burning software?  

Offline John Kelly

• Been a while...
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • The Jokell
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 09:00:04 AM »
There is a setting for DAO in Nero, but as I'm not at my PC now I wont be able to check until after work.  I'm sure someone can tell you exactly where it is, but if not, just play around with it and I'm sure you'll find it. ;)
Sennheiser MKH8040st > SD 702
XBL/PSN/Steam ID: thejokell

rabhan

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 09:25:26 AM »
1. to get nero to burn dao, u just have to change the setting from 2 to 0 for all tracks but the first.

2. go here and see if you writer is supported, if it is, get feurio, it is the best for audio burning:

http://www.feurio.com/English/cd_writer.shtml

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2003, 11:52:01 AM »
I figured out my problem.  It is the CD player not the CD.  I put the disc in my car and it was just fine.  My home cd player which is also a DVD player adds the little pauses between tracks.  Looks like I'll need to get out my old CD player.  Thanks for the help anyways guys.

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2003, 01:42:08 PM »
in any case, keep using cd wave editor to track your shows...you'll find it's so easy you won't know why you didn't use it before!
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2003, 03:11:14 PM »
Yeah it's great it took me like 5 minutes to track out the show.

Offline herrmann2burn

• Taperssection Member
  • West by God
    • my tradelist
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2003, 04:41:27 PM »
Yeah it's great it took me like 5 minutes to track out the show.

If you are recording in 24 bit, you can Save the CUE SHEET for the 16 bit file, then Save the 16 bit tracks...then open up the 24 bit file, and open up the Cue Sheet, but do not load the associated file(16 file) and it will track out the 24 bit file.  That way you can have your 24 bit files tracked out exactly the same as your 16 bit files!!!
CD WAVE RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Take me home, country roads...to the place, i belong...

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/herrmann2burn

Offline Stumptown Matt

• Taperssection All-Star
  • I'm a happy tapir!
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2003, 05:24:04 PM »
24 bit? shit no!  I'm a 16 44.1 guy.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 40 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com