Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: ISO: Crash Course in Open Concert Video Taping  (Read 9727 times)

Offline BlackLab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: ISO: Crash Course in Open Concert Video Taping
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2009, 04:13:40 PM »
can never see how to use manual focus while stealthing. Agree its better to do but cant see myself trying to do it for real

Offline guitard

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2009, 08:45:29 PM »
can never see how to use manual focus while stealthing. Agree its better to do but cant see myself trying to do it for real

It's like most things in life.........practice makes perfect.
Mics: Schoeps MK41s & MK41Vs >:D
Pre-amps: BabyNbox & Platinum Nbox
Deck: Sony A10

Video: Canon HF G70 (4K), Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K)
Photo: Canon EOS 7D w/ Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L is III USM

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 18 (build 527) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (70)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2009, 10:40:39 AM »
It's simple.Zoom all the way in and either focus manually on some text on the bass drum or something with alot of lines and your set.The focus will be maintained throughout the entire zoom range.You don't have to focus anymore and your auto focus won't be fooled when the strobe comes on or the lights go out etc.You can easily do it the same way by zooming all the way in in autofocus mode and when the focus looks really sharp just switch over to manual focus.The setting will be maintained.

Offline Liquid Drum

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 07:10:54 PM »
It's simple.Zoom all the way in and either focus manually on some text on the bass drum or something with alot of lines and your set.The focus will be maintained throughout the entire zoom range.You don't have to focus anymore and your auto focus won't be fooled when the strobe comes on or the lights go out etc.You can easily do it the same way by zooming all the way in in autofocus mode and when the focus looks really sharp just switch over to manual focus.The setting will be maintained.

Yep. I do the EXACT same thing (focus on bassdrum head text, or backdrop if there is one). It never, ever fails. I don't really understand how/why it works but I just followed the advice and it truly does work. I've filmed in small clubs and then huge arenas and it works the same in both situations.

Just make sure when you do it, zoom ALL THE WAY in (to the max) and then set the focus.
Mics:
AT933/C

Batt-Boxes, Pre-amps:
CA-9100

Recorders:
Edirol R-09
iRiver H120 (CF Modded)
Sony MZ-RH910 Hi-MD

Video: Canon HV20 E

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.08 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com