Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: V-3 Remote Power 2013  (Read 28419 times)

Offline tgakidis

• Trade Count: (552)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My Recordings on the Archive:
Re: V-3 Remote Power 2013
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2014, 01:40:35 PM »
Back in 2011 I started a thread providing the proper connectors and volatage needed to power most of the equipment we as a community use.  I did this so ANYONE can build their own cables, including a lunatec v3.  It is no secret on how to build your own stuff.  There are tons of threads on DIY cables here provided by honest caring and thoughtful
Individuals who want nothing more then to promote the "sport" we have all chosen.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=150794.0
GAKables: Custom XLR, Digi & Batt Cables http://taperssection.com/index.php?topic=133186.0

Mics: Schoeps CMC6 x 4, Schoeps CMC1K x 2 / Schoeps KC 5G x 2 / Schoeps MK4,MK41,MK21,MK22 x 2 / Austrian Audio OC818 Dual Set+ / Telefunken TF-11 x 2 / Telefunken ELA M 260 x 4 / Telefunken M960FS x 2 / TK60,TK61,TK62 x 2 / Telefunken M60,TK60 x 2 / AKG c426b / AKG c34 / nBob AKG Actives>PFA x 4 / CK61,CK63,CK8 x 2 / AT853 4.7k Mod (Card,Sub)
Pres: Sonosax SX-AD8+ / Sonosax SX-M2D2 / Sonosax SX-M2 / Lunatec V3
Recs: Sonosax SX-R4+ / Sound Devices MixPre-6ii / Marantz PMD-661 / Roland R-07 / Zoom F3

My Recordings: https://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%28Gakidis%29&sort=-da

DF81

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2014, 02:00:26 PM »
I'm not going to read anymore of this crap.  I just wanted to share a cable solution w/ people in case they are interested.  Some people may need a battery cable and if tgakidis doesn't like them that shouldn't be a reason not to have one so you can't work/enjoy your new gear/create etc.   Some people are clearly only here for themselves.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 02:09:51 PM by DF81 »

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #77 on: July 29, 2014, 02:51:41 PM »
Thanks, Ted.  You fucking arrogant cock sucker.

go by some more excessive gear from gearslutz and decide to sell one of your 'others' here to make a profit off the 'community'.

I don't want to do business with you either.  I'll go another route.

You should seek help.

Pretty sure I'm ok with not being ts.com politically correct, asking the manufacturer and ending up with a battery cable solution 6x more competitive than the cable nazi, and sharing it with people so they have the option.  Monopolies are not a good thing.  As for cavenging classifieds for gear you obviously don't need so you can resell, I don't have a problem with the that, but it's funny when the cronies say in their defense he shared good deals with the 'community', but then does the exact opposite.

Wow, it's been a while since we've seen anyone like you around here.

It's the same guy. Can't remember his previous logins here (though I remember several of them from other forums). He'll keep flipping out on people, make some anti-Semitic remarks, leave in a huff, and come back shortly with a new login.

Offline Sloan Simpson

• Trade Count: (1)
    • Southern Shelter
« Reply #78 on: July 29, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »
I'm not going to read anymore of this crap.  I just wanted to share a cable solution w/ people in case they are interested.  Some people may need a battery cable and if tgakidis doesn't like them that shouldn't be a reason not to have one so you can't work/enjoy your new gear/create etc.   Some people are clearly only here for themselves.
If you reread his post directly above, you'll see where Ted provided the information to anyone who wants it, before you even started looking for it.

Offline ScoobieKW

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • ScoobieSnax Audio Archive
« Reply #79 on: July 29, 2014, 04:21:24 PM »
Grace Designs helped me out.  Good customer service.  If anyone would like to build their own DVD battery to V3 DC cable for about $4.00 send me a message.  Not sure what people charge, but I'd say $4.00 is pretty good.

$4.00 is pretty good, for the Switchcraft connector needed.
now let's have a reality check.

Skilled labor for an electronics tech. $30 an hour is on the cheap side, but let's start there. Building and testing a custom cable should take about 1/2 hour.
$4 + $15
Overhead. Shop, Electricity, Tools, Taxes, let's add a bit more.
$4 + $15 + $5 = $24

Profit - I hope that Ted is making sure there is enough profit to do this instead of hanging out with family, enjoying the beautiful summer, mixing/editing his own recordings, etc.
$24 + ?

These numbers are rough, I haven't spoken to Ted about his business, but I run a build/repair shop for a production company.

If Ted's pricing isn't your cup of tea, the beauty of the marketplace is that you are welcome to shop around and find another supplier. In this case, you researched, found out what part you needed and have decided to build it yourself. Congratulations for being a part of the free market.

However, Ted is a businessman who is allowed to decide what he wishes to charge and who he wishes to do business with. Judging by my reading of this board over the last 3 years, I'd say that his pricing is competitive and that his customer reputation is excellent on a board where several other vendors have repeated problems.

In short, if there's a problem, it's pretty obvious that it's with you.

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:57:46 PM by ScoobieKW »
Busman BSC1, AT853 (O,C),KAM i2 Chuck Mod (C), Nak 300 (C),
M10, UA-5, US-1800, Presonus Firepod

http://kennedy-williams.net/scoobiesnax/

Offline fsulloway

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #80 on: July 29, 2014, 04:46:02 PM »
GTFO....You're using perfectly good reasoning and that doesn't fly with this guy.  ;D. DF81, sometimes you gotta look in the mirror and say to yourself if everyone but me thinks I'm being an asshole about a particular situation then maybe...just maybe I am being an asshole. We've all been there at some point.

Grace Designs helped me out.  Good customer service.  If anyone would like to build their own DVD battery to V3 DC cable for about $4.00 send me a message.  Not sure what people charge, but I'd say $4.00 is pretty good.

$4.00 is pretty good, for the Switchcraft connector needed.
now let's have a reality check.

Skilled labor for an electronics tech. $30 an hour is on the cheap side, but let's start there. Building and testing a custom cable should take about 1/2 hour.
$4 + $15
Overhead. Shop, Electricity, Tools, Taxes, let's add a bit more.
$15 + $5 = $25

Profit - I hope that Ted is making sure there is enough profit to do this instead of hanging out with family, enjoying the beautiful summer, mixing/editing his own recordings, etc.
$25 + ?

These numbers are rough, I haven't spoken to Ted about his business, but I run a build/repair shop for a production company.

If Ted's pricing isn't your cup of tea, the beauty of the marketplace is that you are welcome to shop around and find another supplier. In this case, you researched, found out what part you needed and have decided to build it yourself. Congratulations for being a part of the free market.

However, Ted is a businessman who is allowed to decide what he wishes to charge and who he wishes to do business with. Judging by my reading of this board over the last 3 years, I'd say that his pricing is competitive and that his customer reputation is excellent on a board where several other vendors have repeated problems.

In short, if there's a problem, it's pretty obvious that it's with you.
schoeps ccm4's, mk4v, mk2h, mk41
AKG ck62, ck63, ck61
Nbob/pfa, Naiant/pfa
SD 10T

"Wilmington, North Carolina....Let us hear your motherf***in' pride!" Patterson Hood 12-09-04

"Just About Unwound From Chasing Down The Sound"

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.062 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com