Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: how do you sync audio/video?  (Read 8412 times)

Offline Ed.

• your popsicle's melting
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • FJ Baby!
Re: how do you sync audio/video?
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2004, 09:39:43 AM »
you might want to cut each song into its own track and then line up each track to the cameras audio.  i have this problem on occasion too.  but i try to mix in the camera audio a bit inbetween songs if i'm having a problem with synching.

this way the better quality audio only has a few minutes (or however long the song is) to get out of synch not a full show.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline willherrmann

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2004, 10:30:22 AM »
Cool, that's not a bad idea.  Thanks for the tip.

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2004, 10:44:33 AM »
no problem.  or if the camera audio is bad, even too bad for the clapping inbetween songs where the other source is spliced and theres a gap, you could always make the clapping between the songs its own track and stretch that.  it'd probably be less noticable than stretching the actual music.

Because nothing says "I have lots of money and am sort of confused as to how to spend it" like Bose.

Offline willherrmann

• Taperssection Newbie
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2004, 10:59:04 AM »
Right!  I figured I could just use the clapping inbetween songs from the superior audio source and tweak that a little because it would be less noticeable.  Sounds like song-by-song is the best way to sync up audio.  Too bad it'll probably be a much more laborious process..

Offline Ed.

• FJ Baby!
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2004, 11:17:31 AM »
its not too bad, i did a sbd/aud matrix this weekend and it took me under 2 hours to do it (only a 45 minute set tho).  however, video is a bit harder.

silverbullet

« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2004, 01:13:55 PM »
I've used Audacity before for quick jobs. Shows that run long 2hrs + seem harder because the songs near the end tend to be more out of sync.  Syncing each song or a couple of songs would be the way to go for me for long show recordings. Could be my camera is getting old.

Vegas users can buy a plug in called Excalibur 3.0 to help syncing up audio with video. I mainly tried the demo for it's multiangle use but syncing the audio is as simple as dragging the wav to the desired trim. I haven't tried this yet but sycing the audio to video for a song was very easy. Just match up a point in the video of a cymble crash to it's audio and Excalibur syncs it up. Matching up multiple videos is easy when hunting for a camera flash.  :-\ Humph, I really should cough up the C note for this plugin. You can download a working demo and use it for 15 days. Well worth the effort for any vegas users.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.058 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com