Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: AVI > DVD  (Read 2773 times)

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Real men wear kilts.
AVI > DVD
« on: May 18, 2005, 09:10:29 PM »
OK, first, apologies if this is in the wrong place. Didn't know where to put it.
Second, I've done a search, so don't jump all over me for that.

I've tried the free shareware to convert an AVI to DVD but have problems every step. Is there a program out there that will do this for me, and do it well. Most seem to be about $25 or so. Are they any good? Anyone have any experience?
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline Gordon

• Trade Count: (22)
    • my list
Re: AVI > DVD
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 09:22:28 PM »
I use dvd santa for some tv episods and it works just fine.  no menus or anything but it converts.
Microtech Gefell M20 or M21 > Nbob actives > Naiant PFA > Sound Devices MixPre-6 II @ 32/48

https://archive.org/details/fav-gordonlw

https://archive.org/details/teamdirtysouth

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2005, 08:08:51 PM »
ok, another quesstion. I succesfully (well, maybe) converted an avi and have it on a dvd. DVD burned fine. However, as I am watching it the sound slowly becomes out of synch with the video. Why?
"The guy who's been dissed, dismissed and demoted so often that he should have officially changed his first name to "Backup." "

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 09:22:02 AM »
ok, another quesstion. I succesfully (well, maybe) converted an avi and have it on a dvd. DVD burned fine. However, as I am watching it the sound slowly becomes out of synch with the video. Why?

i've had this problem as well, and have no idea why.  video just ain't my thing...   :-\
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

Offline The Kilted Taper

• Real men wear kilts.
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2005, 09:49:25 AM »
Not turning out to be mine either. Turns out, the source .avi has this happening in it to. I guess if the source is bad, everything else will be too.  ;)

**edited to take out possible non-allowed speach**
(if that makes any sense)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2005, 03:52:07 PM by BornAgainTaper »

Offline dklein

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2005, 03:47:26 PM »

i've had this problem as well, and have no idea why.  video just ain't my thing...   :-\

What format and bitrate did you use for the audio and how did you create it?  Also, what bitrate for video?
Any difference b/w watching on a computer and tv?  How about when you're just playing the mpeg2 files on a pc?
KM 184 > V2 > R4
older recording gear: UA-5  / emagic A62 / laptop / JB3 / CSB / AD20 / Sharp MT-90 / Sony MDS-JE510
Playback: Pioneer DV-578 > Lucid DA 9624 >many funny little british boxes > Linn Isobarik PMS

Offline heath

• Laugh it up, Fuzzball...
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • I'm score!!!!!!
    • The Upstream Mend
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2005, 09:01:07 AM »
not sure-- I've long since delted all associated files and sccrapped the project.  no biggie.  Thanks for the effort to help, though.
And the Sultans... yeah the Sultans play creole

The Upstream Mend

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.065 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com