Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Windscreens for Low-Pro Naiant AKG Actives?  (Read 2741 times)

adrianf74

• Trade Count: (0)
Windscreens for Low-Pro Naiant AKG Actives?
« on: May 11, 2013, 08:36:55 PM »
Does anybody have any suggestions for windscreens when running the Naiant AKG's?   I'm looking at two situations:

1. Open on a stand.

2. Not-so-open in some sort of douchey headwear.  :)

I'm generally gonna be running the CK61's unless I borrow CK63's from a friend (which will be very rarely).  I know the stock windscreens might work in #1 but I'm not sure about #2.

TIA.  Any help is appreciated.   PM me if you'd prefer not to openly discuss #2.

Offline achalsey

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Windscreens for Low-Pro Naiant AKG Actives?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2013, 04:39:52 PM »
On a stand, I personally use DPA U0896s.  The opening is 19 mm so I usually give them a light stretch before putting them on.  I think the CK 6x caps are 20mm.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/282432-REG/DPA_Microphones_UA0896_UA0896_Windscreen_for_0_75.html

adrianf74

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2013, 05:30:56 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.   I believe the specs for the CK6x capsules is 0.81" (or 21 mm).  Would this be too tight?

Offline achalsey

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.   I believe the specs for the CK6x capsules is 0.81" (or 21 mm).  Would this be too tight?

Oh, okay, I didn't actually look it up.  They work well enough for me.  I asked a 460 user a little while back just to double check and he said he used the DPAs listed.  I already had a pair for my CK 1Xs (which are smaller) so got a second set for the CK 63s (with Naiant actives).  They are a little tight, but like I said, I just stretch them out very slightly to loosen them up before putting them on.

adrianf74

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:55:08 PM »
Thanks again for the reply.  I did read somewhere that the windscreen can be stretched for a capule that's 22 mm in diameter without issue.

How far along the capsule/coupling does the windscreen cover?    Just trying to see if this will work as a two for one.  :)

Offline achalsey

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2013, 06:30:49 PM »
Thanks again for the reply.  I did read somewhere that the windscreen can be stretched for a capule that's 22 mm in diameter without issue.

How far along the capsule/coupling does the windscreen cover?    Just trying to see if this will work as a two for one.  :)

I've never stealthed but they are pretty bulky.  I can't imagine they would be great under a hat, unless it had a good deal of space above your head.

Check out a few more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/q2wWY

Also, here is two sets of CK 63 w/ naiant actives and a pair of MK4s all with the DPA windscreens: http://i.imgur.com/WaxC1Wm.jpg

adrianf74

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 04:08:30 PM »
Thanks.   UA0896's have been ordered.   Will see how these work out for  >:D but they look perfect for open jobs.  :)

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.063 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com