Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Diagnose this wav file (Oade m148 problem)  (Read 2320 times)

Offline brianp

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Shows I've taped on LMA
Diagnose this wav file (Oade m148 problem)
« on: October 02, 2010, 11:46:27 AM »
I'm having issues with my Oade m148 preamp all of a sudden. I think the batteries may be going on it and it's not holding a full charge the way it should. Basically it looks like the wav file is truncated, or brickwalled. Sonically it sounds okay, I'm not getting any pops. I had the batteries replaced in 2007 and I really only use the preamp a few times a month.

Can anyone tell what is happening here by looking at these wav files? Could this result from the Oade not getting the power it needs?

SBD>MR>C>D>CD>EAC>SHN

Offline Patrick

• Evil Urges, Baby.
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Diagnose this wav file (Oade m148 problem)
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 12:18:23 PM »
Could this result from the Oade not getting the power it needs?

I'd say most definitely.  I've seen similar waveforms from console preamps that have faulty power supplies or broken solder joints on the power PCB.  It looks very familiar, so I'm sure that the batteries are to blame.
Monitor Engineer: Band of Horses, Cage the Elephant, Bruce Hornsby, The Head and the Heart, Josh Ritter

Live Music Archive Bookmarks

Offline skaggs

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Diagnose this wav file (Oade m148 problem)
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »
I run a 118, and the batteries were dying at Telluride Bluegrass.  my Leftover Salmon file looked like this.  the charger was not fully working.  i think this is definately a possibility.  good luck.  love the pre when it is working! 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.192 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com