Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: How long does Samson Mixpad 4 run on three 9Vs for power and phantom??  (Read 2049 times)

Offline rdflash

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
Last night, after having 3 freshly re-charged 9 volt batteries in it...it craps out right near an hour of recording!?

They were measured at 9.5 volts on my battery meter thingy when I tested them and I put them in the mixpad as I was setting up.

I cant figure this out, but the last time I used them...DBT was 45 min...RRFB an hour...by time Black Crowes come on...No power left...I had the power and phantom turned off when not using.

Do you think the rechargeable 9 volts are just crappy, got them couple months ago on ebay..."McNair 200mAh"

I dont know much about the specs on the batteries and how long they last, but it seems to me, that I need more powerful rechargeable 9 v's.

Any info to help me not have my recordings shot would be appreciated!!

thanks

jon
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

Offline mschiff

• Taperssection Newbie
I think I remember getting about 1.5 hours with three new Kodak alkaline batteries.

-- Martin

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
i got like 2hrs out of mine one time...  you could try to get some of those 9v batt clips from radio shack, and rig up a cable for the wal-mart style 9v batts...
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

Offline rdflash

• Needs to get out more...
  • I am the Mike Jordan of Recordin'
i got like 2hrs out of mine one time...  you could try to get some of those 9v batt clips from radio shack, and rig up a cable for the wal-mart style 9v batts...

+ T's to both of you guys, got 1 hour 50 minutes tonight, which was the whole show.

Im interested in this rigging up idea, is there info on here how to do it, im clueless on it.

thanks again,

jon
Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his car, than I have with a gun.

Offline Scooter

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
get three of these...

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062219&cp=2032058.2032230.2032264&pg=3&parentPage=family

and splice them to the end the cable coming from the wal-mart batt, and connect them to the existing 9v clips.  should work assuming the polarity is correct.  YMMV.
MBHO 603a(ka200n/ka500hn) >
R-44, or H120

LMA Recordings

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.051 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com