Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Projection screens?  (Read 2842 times)

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Bongo Bongo
Projection screens?
« on: April 04, 2007, 07:56:14 PM »
Hey all,

Thanks for the input on HD projectors. Of course, to go with a projector, I am going to need a screen. It is amazing how pricey some of the high end screens like Da-Lite and Stewart are. I cruised ebay a bit and found some that are very reasonably priced, which is nice, but it also makes me a bit wary. As we all know, you get what you pay for. So I was wondering if anyone has some experience with different projection screens. Are these low-end ones really crappy? What am I giving up at the lower price range? Here is one that I was considering.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ELECTRIC-MOTORIZED-PROJECTOR-SCREEN-100-16-9-NR_W0QQitemZ290099598916QQihZ019QQcategoryZ48655QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any other general advice on choosing a screen for use with a HD projector?

Peace out,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline scervin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: Projection screens?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 09:44:12 AM »
www.carada.com

motorized screens are nice, just make sure they have a tensioned screen.

Offline BC

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Bongo Bongo
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 08:28:51 PM »
gotcha, wow are the tensioned ones a lot pricier than the regular pull-downs. I need to get a pull-down type and not fixed on-wall due to logistical issues. The Elite screens seem like a good value for the $$, but even those are pushing 1K for the tensioned models. I am considering getting one of the cheaper manual versions which are quite affordable, just a few hundred, but I am don't want screen ripples so maybe I should bite the bullet and save up for the tensioned/electric version. Thanks for your helpful comments, +.

Peace,
Ben

In: DPA4022>V3>Microtracker/D8

Out: Morrison ELAD>Adcom GFA555mkII>Martin Logan Aerius i

Offline scervin

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 08:41:44 PM »
Had a buddy that didn't listen to me and still regrets the decision.  Dog walks in front with tail waggin', HVAC kicks in, window open, etc and the screen moves (ripples and waves).  I told him it would happen, but he didn't think it would be that bad.  :(

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 04:18:19 PM »
Mine is a $60 POS from Tigerdirect.com - I think it works fine, but I've never seen better, so I'd prolly think mine sucks if I saw a nice one.  Mine is in a basement with no vents blowing on it or anything like that, so I don't have problems like that.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 35 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com