Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Wireless Unit...Any Uses for Live Aud Recording?  (Read 2349 times)

stevetoney

• Trade Count: (0)
Wireless Unit...Any Uses for Live Aud Recording?
« on: November 13, 2014, 04:01:29 PM »
I lucked into a set of wireless components (I got a pretty good deal...I paid $0 :)) that is essentially identical to what's shown in the pictures at the bottom.  I have no idea what the sound quality of these are, but I did see that they run about $700 for a set, so I'm assuming they must be decent.  I got one of the transmitters and two of the receiver units (along with a mono-XLR interconnect) and a mic which is identical to the one shown in the picture. 

So, any ideas of how I can integrate this into my live recording rig?  I'm thinking I could use it for a mono board feed to channel 3 on my four channel recorder when my recorder is sitting in my bag which is in the middle of the floor and 30 feet from the board.  Another idea is for stage lip recording of vocals...I'd tape that little mic to the lead vocal monitor and record the vocal track to channel 3 so that I don't lose vocals. 

Anybody have other ideas and has anyone ever used these for what we do?

(BTW, the unit on the left (with the two antenna's) is the receiver unit...that's what I have two of.  Mine has a single XLR cable coming out that I can plug to one of the inputs on my four channel recorder.  The unit on the right is the transmitter...it has line in and mic in jacks on it.  The mic I have has a locking connector on it just like the one shown in the photo.)

« Last Edit: November 13, 2014, 04:13:43 PM by tonedeaf »

Offline Life In Rewind

• Taperssection Member
    • www.rovingsign.com
Re: Wireless Unit...Any Uses for Live Aud Recording?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2014, 08:01:44 PM »
I like the board idea - but I've never had much luck recording a monitor.(and mixing it with another trackset)

stevetoney

Re: Wireless Unit...Any Uses for Live Aud Recording?
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2014, 08:19:05 PM »
I like the board idea - but I've never had much luck recording a monitor.(and mixing it with another trackset)

So you've tried recording the monitor.  I'm curious what was the issue you had...just didn't sound right?

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.066 seconds with 28 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com