Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Carrying LD mics  (Read 4853 times)

Offline wsp12

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Dood these tapes suck!!!!!!!
Carrying LD mics
« on: January 08, 2004, 01:26:49 PM »
So i just got a pair of TL's and i really like the case they come in, but to lug that then the rest of my gear is kind of a pain, any suggestions?  ;DMike
Need to get a rig and get out to more shows

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • half dead batteries
Re:Carrying LD mics
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 01:38:25 PM »
until I can come up with abetter situation, I modified 1 of the cases with extra foam and carry both TL's and shockmounts in 1 case. then put that case in my backpack with cables

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Tim

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 01:39:03 PM »
I put one mic in a shure mic bag, wrap the other in bubblewrap and place them both inside a very heavy plastic bag with a zipper made by Apogee... they sell their cables in them, works great, takes up little space.

JBK uses puches made for glass pieces.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 01:45:53 PM »
i have some padded mic bags that the Audix OM2 vocal mics come with. they're fairly thick(not as thick as JBK's head shop bags i'm sure) and provide enough padding. probably similar to your shure mic bag tim?

Brian

Offline Brian

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 01:53:16 PM »
so your TL's came with vinyl pouches? WTF is going on over there at ADK????? some TL buyers got a case for each mic, others got 1 for both. some buyers got extra bands for the shockmounts, most others didn't. you got vinyl pouches, i didn't.  I certainly would have liked the pouches and extra bands ::)

Brian
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 01:53:41 PM by S_TL-Taper »

Offline Tim

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 01:54:41 PM »
you've seen em Brian... they're vinyl, slight padding, the bags that 58's and 57's come in.
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2004, 01:56:26 PM »
so your TL's came with vinyl pouches? WTF is going on over there at ADK????? some TL buyers got a case for each mic, others got 1 for both. some buyers got extra bands for the shockmounts, most others didn't. you got vinyl pouches, i didn't.  I certainly would have liked the pouches and extra bands ::)

Brian

When you get the TL's what is the best thing to get for carrying them? One case? Two cases? Vinyl pouches? When I get mine, I want to get the right stuff from the start.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2004, 01:56:54 PM »
no pouches, bands for me either...seperate cases, but I did get free supermounts(though 1 of them has bad threads and cant be used)

the water's clean and innocent

Offline Brian

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2004, 01:57:15 PM »
ahhh cool, they are just like my audix ones then. that's cool now i'm not so mad that i didn't get some adk vinyl pouches ;D

Offline Brian

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 02:03:16 PM »

Brian

When you get the TL's what is the best thing to get for carrying them? One case? Two cases? Vinyl pouches? When I get mine, I want to get the right stuff from the start.

if you got some vinyl pouches laying around from other mics like the ones tim and i were talking about then i'd go that route. I've carried that big damn suit-case to only two shows so far and that has already been 2 shows too many. if i can fit everything in one bag, which i think i can, then i'll be one happy taper. however from all these recent posts about the inconsistency of the accessories for TL's on ADK's part, i'm gettin a littled worried about what's going on over there as far as quality control. Then again these TL's rock the f'ing hizzouse so it's really not THAT big of a deal.

Brian

Offline Chuck

• Trade Count: (42)
  • time between the notes...
    • My recordings on the LMA
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2004, 02:06:28 PM »

Brian

if you got some vinyl pouches laying around from other mics like the ones tim and i were talking about then i'd go that route. I've carried that big damn suit-case to only two shows so far and that has already been 2 shows too many. if i can fit everything in one bag, which i think i can, then i'll be one happy taper. however from all these recent posts about the inconsistency of the accessories for TL's on ADK's part, i'm gettin a littled worried about what's going on over there as far as quality control. Then again these TL's rock the f'ing hizzouse so it's really not THAT big of a deal.

Brian

I was just wondering if one big case was better than two smaller cases. I might just make some padded pouches for carrying them to shows.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.

Microphones: AKG C 480 B comb-ULS/ CK 61/ CK 63, Sennheiser MKE 2 elements,  Audix M1290-o, Micro capsule active cables w/ Naiant PFA's, Naiant MSH-1O, Naiant AKG Active cables, Church CA-11 (cardioid), (1) Nady SCM-1000 (mod)
Pre-amps: Naiant littlebox, Naiant littlekit v2.0, BM2p+ Edirol UA-5, Church STC-9000
Recorders: Sound Devices MixPre-6, iRiver iHP-120 (Rockboxed & RTC mod)

Recordings on the LMA: http://www.archive.org/bookmarks/ChuckM
Recording website & blog: http://www.timebetweenthenotes.com

Offline Brian

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2004, 02:07:48 PM »
oh well then you want the one case. i think lee took pictures of his TL's which came in two cases and those didn't look too much smaller than mine which carries both of them.

ymmv
Brian

Offline Craig T

• Trade Count: (10)
    • LMA
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2004, 02:23:10 PM »
I have a single hard case that fits both mics - came with my matched pair, also holds a pair of shockmounts and windscreens.  Sometimes I'll carry that, other times when I want to keep it all in the RackGear bag I just put the mics (with windscreens on for some padding) in the side pockets (one in each pocket).  I have a small Pelican case for the pair of tlm170s - just big enough to fit the mics and standard rigid mounts, about 1/3 of the size of the ADK case.  I can even fit the Pelican into my RackGear and carry two full rigs in the same bag: TL>wmod>iPaq, 170>v3>laptop.
Schoeps cmc6/4v / Line Audio CM3, OM1 / ADK A51 / Church Audio CA-14
Naiant Tinybox v2.2 / NBox(P) / Church Audio ST9200 / CA-UGLY
Sony PCM-M10 / Tascam DR-70D / Zoom F3 / Zoom F6

Offline pfife

• Emperor of Ticketucky
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • I love/hate tickets.
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2004, 04:03:40 PM »

Brian

I got one case, no extra bands, no pouches.  I requested one case from Sonic Sense when I ordered them though, and they were more than happy to oblidge.
Tickets are dead to me.  Except the ones I have, don't have, and lost.  Not to mention the ones you have, don't have, and lost.   And the ones that other dude has, doesn't have, and lost.  Let me know if you need some tickets, I'm happy to oblige. 

Tickets >>>>>>>> Oxygen

Offline Kindguy

• Team Bama
  • Trade Count: (11)
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2004, 04:07:36 PM »
I use a small camera bag. Keep the windscreens on & put each mic in a crown bag. Works well for now.
TDS!

DPA 4023> aeta PSP-2> Apogee Mini Me > R-44

http://www.basicallyfrightened.com/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.09 seconds with 43 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com