Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: need mic stand recommendation  (Read 2214 times)

wklitz

• Trade Count: (0)
need mic stand recommendation
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:32:06 AM »
other than that 40ft thing that was making the rounds here last week, where can I find a mic stand that'll go 17-20ft or so?  the one I have now goes to 13, but sometimes I feel like I want taller.

Offline Teen Wolf Blitzer

• It's all ballbearings these days.
  • Trade Count: (6)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I am Rattus Norvegicus.
    • Support Festival Radio
Re: need mic stand recommendation
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 12:41:00 AM »
Shure S15.  Have had mine for 15 years.  Not one problem yet.  I think this dude has one for sale.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,119164.0.html

He has it listed as the A15 though.  Think he might be incorrect.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 12:44:29 AM by Mark Burgin »

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 10:12:19 AM »
other than that 40ft thing that was making the rounds here last week, where can I find a mic stand that'll go 17-20ft or so?  the one I have now goes to 13, but sometimes I feel like I want taller.

I have an old discontinued model Bogan 3076 light stand, which is a 17' stand with 5 sections and quick locks, but it has the same 42" footprint as the 13' Bogan/Manfrotto sold currently and is the same length when closed up, something like 39". They were a tad over $100 bucks new, but you may be able to find a used one for half that.

AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline rastasean

• in paradise
  • Trade Count: (23)
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 12:01:37 PM »

I have an old discontinued model Bogan 3076 light stand, which is a 17' stand with 5 sections and quick locks, but it has the same 42" footprint as the 13' Bogan/Manfrotto sold currently and is the same length when closed up, something like 39". They were a tad over $100 bucks new, but you may be able to find a used one for half that.

DAMN! I would love to see how a photographer would use a 17 foot light stand one day. I guess if you're outdoors and there is nothing around...
Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

Offline datbrad

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 12:43:45 PM »

DAMN! I would love to see how a photographer would use a 17 foot light stand one day. I guess if you're outdoors and there is nothing around...

I could not imagine when a light would need to mount that high up and also be effective, since the stand could only support a single lamp at that height. I do know that back in the day taping GD and Phish from the TS at big arenas, this stand was a great. Because each section only needs to be extended about halfway to get the stand up to 10' or so, it makes it super stable. That was what I liked about it most. Now that most of my recording is in clubs and smaller places, this thing is overkill for me now.
AKG C460B w/CK61/CK63>Luminous Monarch XLRs>SD MP-1(x2)>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD661(Oade WMOD)

Beyer M201>Luminous Monarch XLRs>PMD561 (Oade CMOD)

Offline grayp

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • If I was a cactus I wouldn't need so much water
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 01:18:47 PM »
i have had this stand since 98.    it is way beat up but still going strong.   the thread on the end is long gone and i just clamp to it.

i curse it a lot because have gotten my hand caught in the screw parts.   

i don't like it but have kept it for over 10 years so it can't be that bad :) 

Shure S15.  Have had mine for 15 years.  Not one problem yet.  I think this dude has one for sale.

http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,119164.0.html

He has it listed as the A15 though.  Think he might be incorrect.
Akg 480/ck61/ck62/ck63 (a61 swivels if fob)->m148->722

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.074 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com