Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Is the jb3 still available?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline woulfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Is the jb3 still available?
« on: November 17, 2005, 05:28:02 PM »
I'm brand new here, and a lot of peops are raving about the jb3, but I can't find it anywhere. I don't even see it on Creative's website. Is it discontinued? Is there a replacement/alternative?

Thanks in advance.

Offline thegreatgumbino

• Team Texas
  • Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Retired Taper
Re: Is the jb3 still available?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2005, 05:31:28 PM »
Discontinued.  You can find them used on Ebay or here in the Yard Sale for $150-200.  Occasionally, Creative will sell some refurbished units as well.
It’s not what you look like when you’re doin’ what you’re doin’, it’s what your doin’ when you’re doin’ what you look like your doin’…express yourself. - Charles Wright

My recordings on the Archive

Offline woulfer

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2005, 06:57:56 PM »
Well, is there anything else out there comparable? I will be using it for recording direct from a mixer, and for the occasional taping of concerts (when I can afford mics and the such). I've been considering md, but that seems to be a dying format. I'm looking for decent quality, low budget gear. Any suggestions?

Offline vaportaper

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2005, 07:17:52 PM »
Well, is there anything else out there comparable? I will be using it for recording direct from a mixer, and for the occasional taping of concerts (when I can afford mics and the such). I've been considering md, but that seems to be a dying format. I'm looking for decent quality, low budget gear. Any suggestions?

i just went down this road as i am real new to this too, IMO you might want to try for a used jb3 in the yard sale here or on ebay. i found mine on ebay from a member here, scored it for 189.00
they are cheap, and work real good.

another thing to try would be one of those newer micro trackers (not as cheep) but from what i hear they will be the next must have item for stealth taping.

Vape
mostly: your rig > oade 7pin > d8
searching for mics: ??? > diy ua-5 > oade 7pin > d8

stirinthesauce

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 07:18:22 PM »

For a low budget, I would go with a used jb3.  Always popping in the yard sale or you can go the ebay route.  You can go the dat route, used d7/d8 for around +/- 200 and then a 7pin for around 150, so your still cheaper with the jb3.  You can go microtracker for 299 from guitar center but then you still need a flash card or microdrive.  Low cost and lossless, I would personally go jb3, most bang for your buck, seeing how you the only accersory you will need is a Hosa odl box to change your digi coax to optical.  Super fast transfers, 20gig hard drive.  
Just my $.02.  

Offline twatts (pants are so over-rated...)

• <://PHiSH//><
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Lego made a Mini-Fig of me!
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2005, 10:02:26 PM »
Pick up a Nomad3 in Yard Sale.  Find a Hoda ODL276, so you can patch out of coax digi outputs (the JB3 uses a optical digi-input).

Later you can add a PS2>AD20 and maybe the C1000 in the Yard Sale now, and your total rig cost is about:

JB3 w/ acc. - 250
Hosa - 50
PS2 - 100
AD20 - 200
Mics - 200

800 total

Anyways, for about $250 you can pick up the JB3 with an extra battery (you'll want it) in Yard Sale.  If the Microtrack 24/96 works out in the next few months or so, I'll be selling my JB3...

Terry

***Do you have PHISH, VIDA BLUE, JAZZ MANDOLIN PROJECT or any other Phish related DATs/Tapes/MDs that need to be transferred???  I can do them for you!!!***

I will return your DATs/Tapes/MDs.  I'll also provide Master FLAC files via DropBox.  PM me for details.

Sony PCM R500 > SPDIF > Tascam HD-P2
Nakamichi DR-3 > (Oade Advanced Concert Mod) Tascam HD-P2
Sony MDS-JE510 > Hosa ODL-276 > Tascam HD-P2

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.043 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com