Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: NEED HELP opening files from recording  (Read 1258 times)

Offline willyjbrown

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
NEED HELP opening files from recording
« on: July 15, 2006, 01:01:01 PM »
I recorded my band at a local bar last night on my iriver h120 (w/ at831 mics). A friend of mine who is quite knowledgable when it comes to electronics had everything ready to go before we started, and he said it recorded fine because he adjusted the settings during the first song, the timer was running, blah blah blah. He did one big file of our set, but for some reason it won't open. I recorded in wave format, on it says the file is 0:00 long, yet the size is almost 500 MB. After our set, I taped the headlining band and it turned out fine. I did the same thing: recorded in wave, let the tape run, then stopped it at the end. Nothing is wrong with that one: it's just over an hour and it's a hair over 1 GB. It plays fine on the player and on my computer with Windows Media Player.

At first I thought that my friend got the recording set up and ready to go but just never actually hit the record button, but that doesn't make sense because the file is the right size. I'm guessing it's something when he stopped the recording. When i try to play it in Windows Media Player, it says I'm missing the "Microsoft PCM Format (1)" codec is missing. I searched everywhere and can't find any information or download for this.

Please tell me my recording of my band is not lost.....

Thanks in advance.

Offline dnsacks

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Re: NEED HELP opening files from recording
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 02:17:18 PM »
sounds like the wave file has a header "problem" -- this happens with all recordings made with my jb3.  Easy to fix --

download cdwav from www.cdwave.com -- install the program, and open the wav files in cdwave.

You should get a message indicating that there's a problem with the wav file's header, let cdwave fix the problem, use cdwave to track the show, it's great for this, and save the tracked show, you should then be all set.

Offline china_rider

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The center of the universe is not on this earth...
    • AZTapers
Re: NEED HELP opening files from recording
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 04:20:26 PM »
run chkdsk /r on the iriver drive.
(#1) AKG C480b CK61,CK62,CK63,CK69 -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#2) BMod ADK A51TL -> Silverpath XLRs -> BMod R-4
(#3) Sonic Studios DSM6SM -> Sonic Studios PA-3SX -> R-09

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.182 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com