Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: do you trust 9v batteries from a grocery store ?  (Read 11916 times)

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: do you trust 9v batteries from a grocery store ?
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2013, 06:44:46 AM »
Which begs the question... You are sure you were using line-in, not mic -in right?

;D   yeah
I managed to reproduce the problem yesterday in my livingroom. My 11's and 9100 just don't get along. I should add that I LOVE my 11's with a battery box and the 9100 works great with my new 14's.
send back your preamp I will look at it free of charge and see if there are issues. you can also send back your mics and I will test these to see if they are HS ca11 mics.
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline Phil Zone

• Trade Count: (22)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
I have used Berkley and Jensen batteries. It's 10 for 10 and they last as good as any. I have used them for wireless mics and preamps and are great. They are available at any bjs
Microphones: AKG 460B, 480B, Naiant Actives,CK61,CK62,CK63, CK69, Busman BSC-1, CA-14
Preamps: (3) Naiant Littlebox, Naiant Tinyhead
Recorders: (2) Zoom F6, Tascam DR-05

LMA Shows: http://archive.org/search.php?query=taper%3A%22Cam%20Keough%22&sort=-date

Offline morst

• I think I found an error on the internet; #UnionStrong
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2013, 03:10:53 AM »
Walgreens Alkaline are fine. I've run LOTS of 9v & plenty of AA's too. Heard that they're off brand duracells with a higher failure rate per train-car-load, but I can't recall a failure, maybe one dud out of a package once in y2k?

Werker, Panasonic Pro-Cell, Duracell & Energizer won't be a problem either unless they're pretty ancient. Lithiums last a lot longer than alkalines, but unless you need the convenience, I don't think they're a good value.
https://toad.social/@morst spoutible.com/morst post.news/@acffhmorst

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.079 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com