Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: VX Pocket or USB cable  (Read 3101 times)

Offline mterry

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • recordings
VX Pocket or USB cable
« on: August 17, 2003, 02:47:25 PM »
Easy question. I'm running a USBPre right now. I like it for what it is, and have been pleased with it.......except for the fact that you MUST run the USB cable into your laptop.

Would it be as stable to run a USB into the laptop, or go Mini-Me(or something along those lines) > VX Pocket > Laptop (would the use of the VX Pocket be more stable than just a USB cable)?

I have had a few issues of getting some digi-clicks since using my USBPre, and I'm assuming they have been a result of the USB cable
"That's deplorable, unfathomable, improbable!"

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"
- Bill Self on PTI (2/28/11)

DPA 2012 > Apogee Mini-Me > Tascam DR-100mkIII

rabhan

• Trade Count: (0)
Re:VX Pocket or USB cable
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2003, 04:35:16 PM »
usb sucks ass, ymmv.....i dont trust usb 1.1 on laptops.......cardbus is more stable......now usb 2.0 thru a pcmcia card is another issue i havent investigated......i tried the egosys u2a on my old dell laptop and i got pops n clicks everywhere.....

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 05:42:52 PM »
I've never had any issues running mme>usb>laptop.  Only limitation is the mme only sends a true 24/48 signal via usb...can't do a true 24/96. >:(

Offline danmorgan

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2003, 05:43:48 PM »

I have had a few issues of getting some digi-clicks since using my USBPre, and I'm assuming they have been a result of the USB cable

Maybe a driver issue?

Offline mterry

• recordings
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2003, 12:13:36 AM »
I need to check it out.....it's only like 2 small clicks per show, I'm not low on space or anything like that......if there is movement of the USB cable, would that cause it to lose slight contact inside the usb hub.......causing a click?

"Then we played Davidson, and they wore us out. Davidson controlled us - other than Kentucky - as well as any team all year long"

Offline mirth

• Les Hommes Savvent Pourquois
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2003, 10:26:56 PM »
No, if you lost connection no matter how brief all hell would break lose with your machine....

Its gotta be a driver/buffer issue.... I know before I upgraded the ram in my lappy I had to increase the buffers in wavelab farther than what should be necessary in order to avoid 1/2 second dropouts all over the place.
Governor Jim McGreevey was equally disturbed about the upcoming population increase. "New Jersey cannot support all of these wookies," he said. "For starters, we don't have nearly enough kindbud. At best, we can muster up a Q.P. of some beasties, but we've not a dime-bag more."

Offline Simp-Dawg

• Bad Little Dawggie
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Daddy needs a drink!
    • Colorado Tapers
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2003, 01:46:00 PM »
i've been running my usbpre for about a year and haven't noticed any dropouts....
CO Crüe Benchwarmer

Playback: Denon DVD-2910 > Denon AVR-3806 > Segue Doghouse Speaker Cable > B&W DM-610i / Klipsch RW-10 Subwoofer

Offline mterry

• recordings
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2003, 03:31:43 PM »
I'ts not a drop-out, just like a click, or a pop........just enough to be annoying!

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.1 seconds with 36 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com