Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Heat impact on Microtrack 24/96?  (Read 1649 times)

Offline mp3weenie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Heat impact on Microtrack 24/96?
« on: April 02, 2008, 04:19:36 PM »
Hi,

During my last two recording sessions, my unit only recorded ~30 minutes and the unit just powers off. I can power it back up and only get 5 minutes or so of recording before it powers off again. I thought it may be the battery being shot however I can use my unit indoors, outside of any cases, etc. and I do not have the problem. In fact my battery lasts well over average recording time. My only thought that this may be due to heat in some way.

Anyone have any related experience that may help?

Thanks in advance. Jay

Offline willndmb

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Heat impact on Microtrack 24/96?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 07:49:43 PM »
i have never had mine shut down, but it has got so hot that you couldn't really hold onto it for more then 10 sec or so
using a microdrive
Mics - AKG ck61/ck63 (c480b & Naiant actives), SP-BMC-2
XLR Cables - Silver Path w/Darktrain stubbies
Interconnect Cables - Dogstar (XLR), Darktrain (RCA > 1/8) (1/8 > 1/8), and Kind Kables (1/8f > 1/4)
Preamps - Naiant Littlebox & Tinybox
Recorders - PCM-M10 & DR-60D

Offline mp3weenie

• Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 07:23:15 AM »
Ouch that is hot!  I am just using regular CF not MD. I am currently trying to reproduce the problem in a controlled environment. I will run the test outside in the next few days as it is getting pretty hot around here verses running it a toaster oven!

Offline dallman

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (33)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 10:47:01 AM »
The MT handles heat really well, so that probably is not the problem. A damaged or faulty battery sounds like it could be the culprit, but that should be really easy to re create. If that is not the problem, I'd say a bad or partly incompatable CF card which of course would be the easiest to deal with. Keep us posted on your progress.
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline jhirte

• Needs to get out more...
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 04:33:34 PM »
Mine got so hot once that it felt like my finger prints should have been melted into the plastic. I sent it in to M-Audio, and all they did was swap the battery. Seems to be ok now.
I was using it with phantom on to power some AT853rx's at a Slayer show. I only got one of the openers in its entirety, 45 of the 2nd, and a whopping 1.5songs of Slayer. Who was pissed? ME.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.067 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com