Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Sharp MiniDisc Question  (Read 7503 times)

Offline Diggin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • The similarities are frightening.
    • 10,000 Motherf*ckers
Re:Sharp MiniDisc Question
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2003, 12:46:12 AM »
I just got the TOC error, I opened it up as far as I could and blew into it.  That worked a little...then I got pissed and smacked it into my hand.  That fixed it from the error, just said no disc, so I did it again and it works just fine now

Probably not the best thing but it worked
Toshiba HD-A2 > HDMI > Panasonic TH-50PX600U
audio to be built soon

Offline RJPass

• Taperssection Regular
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2003, 01:40:07 AM »
Before asking this question, extensive research had gone into doing this lil TOC project of mine, and it didnt work.  After all that and then this, i tried it again, and i got it to work.  All that work for a true blank minidisc  =P

At least i know i can clone a TOC on my MiniDisc after all.

Thanks to all for reading and responding!
RJPass

Offline firmdragon

• Taperssection All-Star
    • taping blog
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2003, 08:05:55 PM »
hmm looks like you don't need me anymore.  well for those who want to know more info...

essentially the what you're trying to do is to swap discs without the mini-disc player knowing you ejected the tape.  for a 722, you start with taking out the batteries, covering the little switch that tells the md player when a tape is inside.  if there's a disc inside the switch is pressed on by the disc.  when you eject,  the disc comes out and the switch shoots up because the disc is no longer on top of the switch.  by covering the switch with tape or something, the md player will never always think there's a tape inside.  after convering the switch.  put in a disc with no disc space left, ie it's full. (make sure both the tape you're cloning and the disc to be cloned are the same length.  important).  put in batteries. start up the player.  give the disc a new name to dirty up the TOC and eject the disc.  put in the disc with the faulty TOC and shut down the MD player and let it edit the TOC.  if all goes well you can now see what's on the disc.

Offline Chanher

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Colorado Crew
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2003, 10:48:17 PM »
as far as your digital conversion needs, I just bought a Sony MXD-D400 and an Terratec EWX 2496 digital soundcard.  I'm trying it out tonight, if you have any questions lmk.
Line Audio CM4 / AT853Rx (c,h,o) / Studio Projects C4 MKII (c,h,o)
Sound Devices MP-2 / bm2p+ Edirol UA-5
Zoom F3 / F6 / Marantz Oade Warm Mod PMD661 / Tascam DR-70D

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.047 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com