Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: MINI-ME External battery Lightest and longest lasting recommendation please  (Read 3742 times)

Offline magickbrother

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
so the battery that I received when I got my mine-me is TOAST!! (thing weighed a ton too.)
so can anyone point me in the right direction for Lightweight, Long-lasting battery for the mini-me
thanks
Angelo

pistolpete71

so can anyone point me in the right direction for Lightweight, Long-lasting battery for the mini-me
thanks
Angelo

Well, you didn't mention "cheap" as a requirement ....so if price is no objective, one of these might fit the bill:

http://www.tekkeon.com/products-mypowerall.html

Actually, they seem to have come down quite a bit in price: an MP3300 goes for $76.99 with free shipping at Buy.com.

Offline sunjan

• Needs to get out more...
  • Taping since 1988, 28 years of fine recordings...
    • Just a handful of stuff I put on etree
so the battery that I received when I got my mine-me is TOAST!! (thing weighed a ton too.)

Lightest and longest lasting is a contradiction in terms.
Using the same chemistry (like Lithium-ion), the battery life more or less is linear to the weight (more internal cells added =equally more juice).

If I rephrase the question for you, you're looking for a battery which will last you for a full evening, but not more than that (because it would mean schlepping more weight than needed.

Wally world batteries are reported good:
http://taperssection.com/index.php/topic,70664.0.html
Generally considered to be the best bang for your buck...
Mics: A-51s LE, CK 930, Line Audo CM3, AT853Rx (hc,c,sc),  ECM 121, ECM 909A
Pres: Tinybox, CA-9100, UA5 wmod
Recorders: M10, H116 (CF mod), H340, NJB3
Gearbag: High Sierra Corkscrew
MD transfers: MZ-RH1. Tape transfers: Nak DR-1
Photo rig: Nikon D70, 18-70mm/3.5-4.5, SB-800

Offline gusbud1

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • I need more cowbell.
Re: MINI-ME External battery Lightest and longest lasting recommendation please
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »
I'm going to be looking to lighten my load as well.  Is there a minimum voltage you should adhere to for the mini me?  If I remember correctly it can vary, but I always thought using 12 volts was the safest.  What say ye people of taperssection?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 10:57:08 PM by gusbud1 »
eathworks sr78(L)>rode nt2a (c-omni)>earthworks sr78(R)>sound devices 302>apogee minime 24/96khz s/pidf>tascam hd-p2

Offline andyjah

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: MINI-ME External battery Lightest and longest lasting recommendation please
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2009, 08:45:33 PM »
I like the Wallyworld 9v lithium ion batteries. They treat me well.

Offline jim1274

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Taperssection Regular
I'm going to be looking to lighten my load as well.  Is there a minimum voltage you should adhere to for the mini me?  If I remember correctly it can vary, but I always thought using 12 volts was the safest.  What say ye people of taperssection?

Anybody have a comment on optimal operating voltage for an external DC power source?  I see in the manual the operating voltage range is 6-16 volts.  Does it make ANY difference as long as it is within this operating range?  I was running an SLA that came with it, that I BELIEVE was 12 volts, but just got a cable made from Ed at kindakables to run from the Wallyworld style 9V battery the last poster suggested.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com