Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: PS3 wifi capabilities  (Read 4551 times)

Offline Jhurlbs81

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • My LMA collection
PS3 wifi capabilities
« on: November 08, 2009, 08:21:27 AM »
Has anyone maximized the wireless capabilities of their PS3? I've read it can link to Mac (and Windows) computers and you can access your iTunes on your TV wirelessly.  Also links to iPhoto so you can view your Photos on your TV.  Anyone do this?

Jesse
FREE JERRYFREAK!

Offline kindms

• Trade Count: (6)
    • The Breakfast
Re: PS3 wifi capabilities
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:25:29 AM »
i dont have a mac but the ps3 will recognize any UPnP server. I would imagine itunes and iphoto announce themselves as such

I have had success doing what you describe in the windows(windows media player)  realm as well as FreeNAS
AKG c426, AKG414 XLS/ST, AKG ck61, ck22, >nBob colettes >PFA > V3, SD MixPre >  TCM-Mod Tascam HDP2, Sony M10
Little Bear tube Pre >Outlaw Audio 2200 Monoblocks > VR-2's

Offline nic

• Big In Japan
  • Trade Count: (1)
    • half dead batteries
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »
Has anyone maximized the wireless capabilities of their PS3? I've read it can link to Mac (and Windows) computers and you can access your iTunes on your TV wirelessly.  Also links to iPhoto so you can view your Photos on your TV.  Anyone do this?

Jesse

the PS3 (slim) does not see an iTunes server   >:(

the water's clean and innocent

Offline hummat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Videos in Progress or Completed
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 08:25:53 AM »
there are UPnP apps out there for us mac users.  I found one that not only made iTunes and iPhoto libraries available to the PS3, but also transcoded flacs on the fly.  Too bad it requires an intel mac, as my plan was to re-purpose an old G5 into a media server type thing.

There is another one that worked real well (no flac transcoding though). Can;t remember the names of either off the top of my head but I will check if I remember (and info is still needed) when I get home.

-j

Offline jhirte

• Trade Count: (0)
  • At ease atleast yeah.
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 01:29:14 PM »
I've used TVersity (didn't care for it, and getting flac to decode was a PITA), then found this: http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
works pretty good for flacs. since I'm using wireless vs hardline I cant play DVD's (I dont have the best of signal from my router even AFTER jacking up the gain) but 24bit flacs worked out ok. not the fastest to queue up via wifi, but it works.

Offline hzgone

• Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 06:38:29 PM »
I've used TVersity (didn't care for it, and getting flac to decode was a PITA), then found this: http://ps3mediaserver.blogspot.com/
works pretty good for flacs. since I'm using wireless vs hardline I cant play DVD's (I dont have the best of signal from my router even AFTER jacking up the gain) but 24bit flacs worked out ok. not the fastest to queue up via wifi, but it works.

I use both of the above.  I haven't streamed audio but i have done video.  It works ok over the wireless but it's not that great.  If you can plug it in to your network that would be ideal.  I never had a problem watching a movie hard wired.
http://db.etree.org/hzgone
http://dead.no-ip.info

AKG 391's>MiAGi-II Silver Cables>V3>VX Pocket V2>Fujitsu 2110

on hiatus, semi retired, injured reserve, got hitched, had 2 kids, broke as hell, & my life is over patcher stage of life...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.158 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com