Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: opening Mini Me  (Read 3124 times)

Offline NOLAfishwater

• is not taping much these days
  • Trade Count: (72)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • I LIKE FISHIN
opening Mini Me
« on: December 24, 2010, 10:46:20 AM »
I need to change the internal jumpers to low gain and am curious what I need to do to open it. It looks like there are 4 hex screws on each end. I am guessing I just need to unscrew the top two on each side and lift the top of the case off. Can't really tell what the jumper setting looks like from the manual. Any pictures of the insides floating around?

Offline jlykos

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Don't sweat the technique
Re: opening Mini Me
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2010, 11:43:11 AM »
I need to change the internal jumpers to low gain and am curious what I need to do to open it. It looks like there are 4 hex screws on each end. I am guessing I just need to unscrew the top two on each side and lift the top of the case off. Can't really tell what the jumper setting looks like from the manual. Any pictures of the insides floating around?

That's right.  It's actually pretty easy to do.  The manual does more to obscure what you are trying to do than it helps, but unscrew the top and use the manual as a general guide to switch the jumpers.  When you pull the top off and take a look at the manual, it will become a lot more clear as to what you need to do.
dpa 4061 > Church Audio 9200 > Sony PCM-D50 (Moon Audio Silver Dragon v3 interconnect)

"I have no views," Mickey Melchiondo, known as Dean Ween, said in a philosophical moment. "I am way too stupid. I have no strong feelings about anything. I'm really into television and the computer. I believe everything I see on TV and read on the Internet."

Offline nickb

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 11:46:28 AM »
Yep....top hex screws on each end....the top will lift right off, but I think you may also have a screw on the back to remove as well...might be a USB version thing, though.

Can't remember the jumper position inside but i believe there is only one place where you can change it.

I think i referred to the archives here to change mine....

George at the wolf Sunday night?

Mics: AKG ck1x ~> mk46 ~> c460b
Pre's & A>D's: Oade M148/AETA PSP-3/Apogee AD-500e
Decks: Edirol R-44/iRiver H120

ISO: AKG ck3x Caps

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2010, 12:06:49 PM »
it looks like the pcb board has 3 pins and the jumper covers two of the three so I just need to move it over to where it exposes the opposite end pin. doesn't look like it says hi or lo from from the user guide

http://support.apogeedigital.com/assets/documentation/minime_usersguide.pdf

Offline NOLAfishwater

• I LIKE FISHIN
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2010, 06:01:05 PM »
If you buy a Mini-Me I highly recommend that you set your internal jumpers for low gain as the factory setting easily clips. In order to change the jumpers you have to remove the top of the case which is held by two 1/16 hex screws on each end. Then you will have to set four pairs of jumpers by carefully lifting them with tweezers and then resetting them over one prong.

Front Screws

Rear Screws

shot of guts with location of jumpers highlighted

4 pairs of jumpers that need to be replaced

High gain factory setting for jumpers

Jumpers removed with pins exposed

Jumpers replaced in low gain setting

Offline andyjah

• Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2010, 08:39:34 PM »
Nice work on the  tutorial.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.06 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com