Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio Measurement Tools  (Read 3839 times)

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Trade Count: (30)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • Stay healthy and safe!
    • DigiGal Internet Archive Recordings
Audio Measurement Tools
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:09:56 PM »
Anyone have experience using the Audio Measurement Tools from Studio Six Digital? 

They offer an impressive lineup for tuning room/speakers including; Impulse Response, FFT, RTA & Smaart Tools etc.

http://studiosixdigital.com/
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
Re: Audio Measurement Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2012, 07:14:38 AM »
Anyone have experience using the Audio Measurement Tools from Studio Six Digital? 

They offer an impressive lineup for tuning room/speakers including; Impulse Response, FFT, RTA & Smaart Tools etc.

http://studiosixdigital.com/

Audio Control has been around for a very long time they make ok products. My main concern with using a iphone or Ipad is one of speed and ram.. I run a Intel I7 with 8 gigs of ram to do some of the measurements I do. And even on this system it can be slow sometimes. I would not invest a huge amount of money in this system. I would rather spend it on a good laptop and good audio interface. I think doing some advanced measurements would be very slow on an iphone. I know the little spectrum analyser program I run on my iphone4 slows down to a crawl when I ask it to do higher resolution for more detail in the spectrum. The other major drawback is its Mono.. I dont know about you but when I am running a sound system a mono analyser just not going to cut it I want to see my left and right.

Its cool but in the end its a toy.

for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 09:02:36 AM »
Thanks Chris!
Mics: AKG CK91/CK94/CK98/SE300 D-330BT | DPA 4060 4061 4266 | Neumann TLM 103 | Senn ME66/K6/K6RD MKE2 MD421 MD431 | Shure VP88 SM7B SM63L SM58 Anniversary Cables: Gotham GAC-4/1 Quad w/Neutrik EMC | Gotham GAC-2pair w/AKG MK90/3 connectors | DigiGal AES>S/PDIF cable Preamp: SD MixPre-D Recorders: SD MixPre 6 | Marantz PMD 661 Edit: 2011 27" 3.4GHz Quad i7 iMac High Sierra | 2020 13" MBA Quad i7 Catalina | Wave Editor | xACT | Transmission | FCP X 

Offline Chilly Brioschi

• The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool.
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Waiting for the next cladogenetic event, or Godot
    • Oceana North America
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 07:05:20 PM »

... I run a Intel I7 with 8 gigs of ram to do some of the measurements I do. And even on this system it can be slow sometimes. I would not invest a huge amount of money in this system.

What software are you using and what types of measurements are you making ?

Are you using generated test sequences or real-time, live music ?

"Peace is for everyone"
        - Norah Jones

"Music is the drug that won't kill you"
         - Fran Lebowitz

Offline Church-Audio

• Trade Count: (44)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2012, 10:27:52 AM »

... I run a Intel I7 with 8 gigs of ram to do some of the measurements I do. And even on this system it can be slow sometimes. I would not invest a huge amount of money in this system.

I have a few systems I run, I have Smaart I have Winaudio mls lab version fully loaded. And I have a few other programs that do various things one made by Bruel And Kjear.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 02:42:57 PM by Church-Audio »
for warranty returns email me at
EMAIL Sales@church-audio.com

Offline DigiGal

• AES Associate Member
  • Stay healthy and safe!
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2012, 12:10:46 PM »

I have a few systems I run? I have Smaart I have Winaudio mls lab version fully loaded. And I have a few other programs that do various things one made by Bruel And Kjear.

None of these will work with Apple OSX Snow Leopard, found FuzzMeasure Pro 3 which will. 

Does anyone have experience with it or have any recommendations for the Mac platform???

http://supermegaultragroovy.com/products/FuzzMeasure/

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.044 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com