Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Roland R26 - discontinued?  (Read 461 times)

Offline Kamen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Roland R26 - discontinued?
« on: August 01, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »
Dear oh dear. Now, I was getting used to the idea that the era of high-performance, pocket recorders might be coming to an end (what with the Sony PCM-M10 and now Edirol/Roland R05 being discontinued), but this seems more serious. Roland's R26 appears as "discontinued" at BH:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/821260-REG/Roland_R_26_R_26_6_Channel_Digital_Field.html

...and over here in Europe, Thomann.de aren't carrying any handheld recorders by Roland whatsoever. Is Roland abandoning this market sector? Or is it preparing an overhaul? There's been some stiff competition in the handheld recorder field recently (Tascam, Zoom), and the Zoom F8+F4 seem to have taken over the R-88 and R-44 market share, but still.

Any ideas, thoughts, pointers?

Best,

K.

Offline heathen

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Roland R26 - discontinued?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2017, 10:51:12 PM »
I'd be happy if phones can replace the small recorders...makes stealth that much easier.
Mics: Core Sound TetraMic | Countryman B3 | CA-14 omnis | AT853 cards | AKG 460/ck61 | Studio Projects CS5
Decks: Zoom F4 | Tascam DR-70D | Roland R-05

Offline Kamen

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Re: Roland R26 - discontinued?
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2017, 11:36:07 PM »
I'd be happy if phones can replace the small recorders...makes stealth that much easier.

It certainly looks like things are headed that way. Interesting times...

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.124 seconds with 31 queries.
© 2002-2017 Taperssection.com