Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: New Roland R-07 (the best successor to Roland R-05 and Sony M10?)  (Read 42806 times)

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
Re: New Roland R-07 (the best successor to Roland R-05 and Sony M10?)
« Reply #405 on: January 08, 2019, 11:14:50 AM »
Maybe a counterfeit card?
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #406 on: January 08, 2019, 11:35:40 AM »
I mentioned the Panasonic because that is one that is explicitly mentioned as incompatible. The Sandisk Extreme I mentioned is the card I was using. You're correct. The more I thought about it I think this card came from my pile of micro SD's I've used with various cameras. It did come with an 8GB card. I will be running more tests to make sure I find cards I can count on. I'm still letting a test roll right now. 1 hour in and it's still rolling. It had given multiple messages about the card being slow but has seemed to have stopped showing it recently. I'm definitely used to this type of card being very fast and reliable but I guess this one is failing. It shouldn't have much use on it. Just one of those things I guess.

Another odd thing I'm noticing is the deck is randomly lighting up the display very intermittently. Just for a second or two.

ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline cleantone

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #407 on: January 09, 2019, 08:21:49 AM »
So far testing with another card is looking pretty good. I'm wondering now if the Sandisk I had was somehow counterfeit. Working with the 8GB it came with everything is seeming stable so far. So that's a relief. This thing is really handy and surprisingly good sounding on it's own. Now I just need to find a good hat to get myself wired up. edit: also I am not positive but after some testing yesterday and today I think this deck lights up the LCD blue when there are write errors. Maybe not but yesterday I was having that happen intermittently testing with and without USB power. Today with a new card it's been running perfectly and hasn't done it once.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:15:48 AM by cleantone »
ISO: your recordings of The Slip, Surprise Me Mr. Davis and The Barr Brothers. pm me please.

Offline dallman

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Taperssection All-Star
    • Clifford Morse
« Reply #408 on: January 09, 2019, 10:57:06 AM »
So far testing with another card is looking pretty good. I'm wondering now if the Sandisk I had was somehow counterfeit. Working with the 8GB it came with everything is seeming stable so far. So that's a relief. This thing is really handy and surprisingly good sounding on it's own. Now I just need to find a good hat to get myself wired up. edit: also I am not positive but after some testing yesterday and today I think this deck lights up the LCD blue when there are write errors. Maybe not but yesterday I was having that happen intermittently testing with and without USB power. Today with a new card it's been running perfectly and hasn't done it once.
There are a lot of counterfeit Sandisk cards out there. I had one for a while in my Surface Pro, 128gb, and it was just a source of inconsistency and pure hell until I tried swapping it out with a reliable 128gb card and all my issues went away. It sounds like that may have been your issue too. Good luck!
Support Live Music: Tape A Show Today!
Deck>possibly something here> Mics

Offline gaoping561

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
« Reply #409 on: Yesterday at 08:07:13 AM »
The quality of the button of Roland R07 is terribleļ¼Œ the key 'menu' cannot works after I get only one month; They give a new one instead after I return it to repair, but the new one still has some keys no response sometimes.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.115 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com