Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Clamp-aholics. The ultimate clamping and rigging team thread II  (Read 5247 times)

Offline beegar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
Re: Clamp-aholics. The ultimate clamping and rigging team thread II
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2018, 11:41:09 PM »
My setup with the 196 arm is complete but I am missing at least one piece to my extension pole setup. I taped a show last weekend and the only place to set up was behind the sound board - if I had the 099b, I could have clamped FOB and avoided the sound board social hour.

Anyone have an idea on how to connect the 484 ball head to the 099b extension? Is there a stud with female 1/4-20" and 5/8 top stud? I cannot seem to find one with a female end AND a stud on the opposite end.

Super clamp > stud > Manfrotto 484 ball head > ? > Manfrotto 099b > stud > Rapid Adapter > K&M bar

It looks like this may work:

https://www.manfrotto.us/camera-stud-for-sky-hook-2970

Otherwise, maybe there's a better way to arrange the gear?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 11:51:25 AM by beegar »
MBHO KA300/500 > PFA > Mix Pre 6

Offline if_then_else

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2018, 12:31:01 PM »
My setup with the 196 arm is complete but I am missing at least one piece to my extension pole setup. I taped a show last weekend and the only place to set up was behind the sound board - if I had the 099b, I could have clamped FOB and avoided the sound board social hour.

Anyone have an idea on how to connect the 484 ball head to the 099b extension? Is there a stud with female 1/4-20" and 5/8 top stud? I cannot seem to find one with a female end AND a stud on the opposite end.

Super clamp > stud > Manfrotto 484 ball head > ? > Manfrotto 099b > stud > Rapid Adapter > K&M bar

Replace the Manfrotto 484  whith the "Lite-Tite Swivel Umbrella Adapter" (026) or something similar. The 484 might not hold enough weight.

Offline beegar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2018, 01:21:54 PM »

Replace the Manfrotto 484  whith the "Lite-Tite Swivel Umbrella Adapter" (026) or something similar. The 484 might not hold enough weight.

Thanks for the reply. This is certainly an option, but I am running 853s with Tensimounts (very lightweight), so I estimate that I'm at around 1/3 of the 484's stated max of ~8.75 pounds with the heaviest part of the setup being the 099b extension. I'm certainly open to grabbing a new attachment, but if what I have will work for now, I'd love to grab the umbrella attachment at a time when I get new, larger mics.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 03:49:28 PM by beegar »

Offline beegar

• Taperssection Regular
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2018, 10:18:19 AM »

Thanks for the reply. This is certainly an option, but I am running 853s with Tensimounts (very lightweight), so I estimate that I'm at around 1/3 of the 484's stated max of ~8.75 pounds with the heaviest part of the setup being the 099b extension. I'm certainly open to grabbing a new attachment, but if what I have will work for now, I'd love to grab the umbrella attachment at a time when I get new, larger mics.

To follow up, I ended up buying the Manfrotto umbrella adapter and will be selling the ball head. Thanks for the recommendation.

Offline Fried Chicken Boy

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2018, 05:52:58 PM »
Checking in to part II.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.161 seconds with 32 queries.
© 2002-2018 Taperssection.com