Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: iZotope Rx 7  (Read 9180 times)

Online jerryfreak

• Trade Count: (28)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • team WOOz
Re: iZotope Rx 7
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2020, 02:42:32 AM »
basic spectral repair vid

Mr Bungle FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2fJL8RngjY

Online jerryfreak

• Trade Count: (28)
  • team WOOz
« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2020, 03:23:11 AM »
whistles are way up there, so fairly easy to remove w/out damage. You can use the rectangle select tool or brush select tool and the replace function.
whohoos I use brush select and attenuate at 2.7, usually twice on the base freq, and once on the first harmonic. For gnarly whistles, I've copied and pasted adjacent to the whistle for full removal w/out artifact. Used the rect select tool.
i wish there was a way to select a pattern and drag it over a selection and match up the pattern, maybe there is?

Offline capnhook

• All your llamas are belong to us....
  • Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (20)
  • All your llamas are belong to us....
« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2020, 08:21:59 AM »
Proud member of the reality-based community

BSCS-L->JB-mod [NAK CM-300 (CP-3) and/or (CP-1)]->LSD2->CA CAFS-Omni->Sony ECM-907**Apogee MiniMe Rev. C->CA Ugly II->**Edirol OCM R-44->Tascam DR-22WL->Sony TCD-D8

"Don't ever take an all or nothing attitude when it comes to making a difference
and being beautiful and making the world a beautiful place through your actions.
Every little bit is registered.  Every little bit.  So be as beautiful as you can as often as you can"

"It'll never be over, 'till we learn."

"My dream is to get a bus and get the band and just go coast to coast. Just about everything else except music, is anti-musical.  That's it.  Music's the thing." - Jeb Puryear

Offline Ben Turnbull

• Don't ask me about Audacity...
  • Trade Count: (16)
  • A Clark Nova ate my lunch... Don't ask, just pee
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2020, 01:44:06 AM »
i wish there was a way to select a pattern and drag it over a selection and match up the pattern, maybe there is?

I think you are talking about copying the selection then sliding it around to match other instances of the fault? Not sure that's possible, but you can add subsequent selections by pressing SHIFT then reapplying the selection tool. If your fault is significant and unique enough, you could try the Select Similar tool. Takes a long time if you "select  all" but it might work. Work on a copy and test lots of sensitivity settings.

I use the "Magic Wand" quite a bit, and in conjunction with the Select Harmonics tool, it's quite effective removing whistlers and such.

While I'm here I should warn anyone who struggles with the tragic effects of a bad clipping attempt and failed results. The Interpolate tool can save your bacon, if you have time and can settle for something just less than a great sounding patch. In my case, just OK is much better than a complete bust.

Have fun.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:27:31 AM by Ben Turnbull »
Only seeing two shows a month now... None at The Fine Line.
-My name is Ben, and I'm an AQhaulic ranting hysterically in my dotage ...
Read "Toward the End of Time" by Updike to know my name sake.
Official Archivist for Jazz Central Studios, MinniMN
DPA4021/SKM140/NakCM1k/AT4051a/ADK A51s/Countryman B3/ATes943/SPc4(och)/S'lux s502... >
TinyBox OT> PCM-M10/DR-680/R4/T+mod UA5 needs attention

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.061 seconds with 45 queries.
© 2002-2020 Taperssection.com