Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Portable DSD Recorders  (Read 2570 times)

Online rippleish20

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Portable DSD Recorders
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2019, 02:25:39 PM »

I got a MR-1000 off  ebay for $500 and successfully recorded the Oteil & Friends New Years show. It sound s awesome but now I am wondering what people do to share the recordings. I am planning on DSD > WAV @ 24/48 but do people share the dff files themselves? Is there a way to combine the files the Korg creates? Can you track DFF files?

ps I used a 12v battery and powering the device was not a problem.
Schoeps CMC6 (MK22's, MK41's) / AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) / Telefunken M60 (TK61, TK63) - for sale / DPA (4061)
KCY 250/5 and 250/0 > naiant PFA or IPA or Nbox 
Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Mixpre-3 /Sony M-10 / Roland R-07 /Tascam DR-100mkIII / d:vice

Offline beatkilla

• Trade Count: (53)
  • Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2019, 07:54:43 PM »

I got a MR-1000 off  ebay for $500 and successfully recorded the Oteil & Friends New Years show. It sound s awesome but now I am wondering what people do to share the recordings. I am planning on DSD > WAV @ 24/48 but do people share the dff files themselves? Is there a way to combine the files the Korg creates? Can you track DFF files?

You need to use Korg AUDIOGATE

https://www.korg.com/us/products/audio/audiogate4/download.php

In that download is also ds-dac setup which you do NOT need to install  unless you have a Korg DAC.

You can combine,split,(i guess you could split all the tracks)but i only split off the excess beginning and ending and than EXPORT a new DSF MASTER file for archive and listening on my Korg DSD DAC.

You can also EXPORT to WAV.

I export to 24bit 176.4 khz and than use my normal audio editor to make further changes(EQ,etc.)

Offline DSatz

• Site Supporter
  • Trade Count: (31)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2019, 08:39:55 PM »
Do you feel that your DSD recordings lose any of the qualities that you like when they're exported to PCM (WAV, etc.)?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2019, 08:42:04 PM by DSatz »
music > microphones > a recorder of some sort

Online rippleish20

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Taperssection Member
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2019, 07:25:55 AM »

In that download is also ds-dac setup which you do NOT need to install  unless you have a Korg DAC.

You can combine,split,(i guess you could split all the tracks)but i only split off the excess beginning and ending and than EXPORT a new DSF MASTER file for archive and listening on my Korg DSD DAC.

I export to 24bit 176.4 khz and than use my normal audio editor to make further changes(EQ,etc.)

Thank you very much!
Schoeps CMC6 (MK22's, MK41's) / AKG C480B (ck61, ck63, ck8) / Telefunken M60 (TK61, TK63) - for sale / DPA (4061)
KCY 250/5 and 250/0 > naiant PFA or IPA or Nbox 
Mixpre-10t / Mixpre-6 / Mixpre-3 /Sony M-10 / Roland R-07 /Tascam DR-100mkIII / d:vice

Offline morst

• Archivist: Camper Van Beethoven & Cracker
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • ISO ALL archival Cracker / CVB / Monks Of Doom etc
    • Soundscape Preservation Society
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2019, 04:28:20 PM »
Do you feel that your DSD recordings lose any of the qualities that you like when they're exported to PCM (WAV, etc.)?
And if not, then why record DSD?
Teams: Neumann, Bay Area Tapers, Multitrack, Pioneertown Tapers, Mac Geeks, Cassette Masters, Poster Collectors, Alumni of teams St Louis, Upper Midwest & Milwaukee / Southern Wisco

Offline Charlie Miller

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Come On, Get Happy
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2019, 09:15:00 PM »

Try dbpoweramp. It's faster than the korg software.
Audio Tech - Steve Kimock Productions, Louisiana Love Act

Schoeps CMC6/MK4
(4) AKG 460's (CK8's, CK63's and CK1's)
Lunatec V2  & Lunatec V3
Sound Devices 744T

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.151 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com