Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Audio magic mic cables  (Read 750 times)

Offline ero3030

• Trade Count: (57)
  • Taperssection All-Star
Audio magic mic cables
« on: December 15, 2018, 12:51:33 PM »
Looking a set of spellcasters, Excaliburs, or presto's.  I know there is a set of spellcasters out there! Ed 
needin some fishhead music!

" known for f**king up a good weekend on a Thursday nite "

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
Re: Audio magic mic cables
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 12:31:36 PM »
These are massively overpriced audiophile snake oil cables.  Their cheapest balanced cable is $260 for 1m.  The claims made on their website are some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever read.

Save your money and buy cables that are proven broadcast and recording industry performers with measurements to back up their claims from brands such as Mogami, Canare, and Belden.  Or, buy a set of custom cables from one of the builders here.

But for all that is sane and rational, don't buy anything from Audio Magic (or for that matter, any of the other audiophile-targeted expensive cable brands).  You would be throwing your money away.
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 03:15:42 PM »
These are massively overpriced audiophile snake oil cables.  Their cheapest balanced cable is $260 for 1m.  The claims made on their website are some of the most ridiculous bullshit I've ever read.

Save your money and buy cables that are proven broadcast and recording industry performers with measurements to back up their claims from brands such as Mogami, Canare, and Belden.  Or, buy a set of custom cables from one of the builders here.

But for all that is sane and rational, don't buy anything from Audio Magic (or for that matter, any of the other audiophile-targeted expensive cable brands).  You would be throwing your money away.

Thanks,  but I know what I'm getting into, but thanks for your opinion.   Ed

Offline jeenash

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2018, 08:25:02 PM »
I've got a set I'd sell. Not sure what model but they were purchased in 1997. They used to be clear but have yellowed a bit. They used to have white printing (Audio Magic) up the length of the cable sheath but it has rubbed off. I've repaired them a few times as the solid wire likes to break in the xlrs. I paid a snake oil salesman $150 back then. Make an offer if interested.

Offline voltronic

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2018, 08:28:38 PM »

Thanks,  but I know what I'm getting into, but thanks for your opinion.   Ed

Whatever makes you happy, then.  Good luck.
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline ThePiedPiper

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Taperssection Regular
    • Flute In The Gallery
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2018, 04:52:30 AM »

So you are not a fan of the nano-liquid, bees wax super-infused wires enhanced by their proprietary Blackout SHD powder cables?
Mics: AKG LC81-MD Cardioid (4.7k MOD) | Audio-Technica U853AW Cardioid (4.7k MOD) | Microphone Madness MM-BSM-7M Omni | Soundman OKMii Pop Omni | (2) Zoom LMF-1 Omni (Stereo 3.5mm Plug) | Tascam iM2W.
Pres: Soundman A3 Battery Box | Aputure A.lav (iPhone) | Fostex AR-4i Audio Interface
Recorders: Zoom F1 | Tascam DR-100mkIII | iPhone SE (MOD & Rooted) w/ VoiceRecorderPRO 7 app | iPhone 4 (MOD & Rooted) w/ Fostex app.

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »

So you are not a fan of the nano-liquid, bees wax super-infused wires enhanced by their proprietary Blackout SHD powder cables?

Since u r a Noob,  and don't know any better.  I am looking for
A set of there older cables that used flat ribbon solid silver that a lot of tapers used late 90's early 2000's including myself.  Is that OK with u pied piper?  Since u r a well seasoned taper that all respect on this board.  Ed

Offline voltronic

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2018, 07:37:13 AM »

A set of there older cables that used flat ribbon solid silver that a lot of tapers used late 90's early 2000's including myself.  Is that OK with u pied piper?  Since u r a well seasoned taper that all respect on this board.  Ed

To be fair, PiedPiper likely came to the same conclusion I did after reading the company's website.  Neither he nor I knew they used to make cables out of standard, non-magical materials.  Clearly they have gone in a different direction since then.

You might consider posting to the Yard Sale which should get you more hits on your search.
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
- Gustav Mahler

Offline ThePiedPiper

• Taperssection Regular
    • Flute In The Gallery
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2018, 08:29:35 AM »

Having your respect or anyone else's ... ask me if I give a damn. Like it or not, I know snake-oil when I read it and this cable crap on their website IS snake oil. Piss your money away with the latest hype and make yourself feel good about it ... makes no difference to me.

I may be a noob but at least I'm not gullible. Have a nice life and get great recordings with your bee's wax, nano infused, black hole modified, lunar ecliptic cables ... I know I enjoy the one's I purchased from selling Enron stock. LOL.

« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 08:41:52 AM by ThePiedPiper »
Mics: AKG LC81-MD Cardioid (4.7k MOD) | Audio-Technica U853AW Cardioid (4.7k MOD) | Microphone Madness MM-BSM-7M Omni | Soundman OKMii Pop Omni | (2) Zoom LMF-1 Omni (Stereo 3.5mm Plug) | Tascam iM2W.
Pres: Soundman A3 Battery Box | Aputure A.lav (iPhone) | Fostex AR-4i Audio Interface
Recorders: Zoom F1 | Tascam DR-100mkIII | iPhone SE (MOD & Rooted) w/ VoiceRecorderPRO 7 app | iPhone 4 (MOD & Rooted) w/ Fostex app.

Offline ero3030

• Taperssection All-Star
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2018, 12:04:39 PM »

Having your respect or anyone else's ... ask me if I give a damn. Like it or not, I know snake-oil when I read it and this cable crap on their website IS snake oil. Piss your money away with the latest hype and make yourself feel good about it ... makes no difference to me.

I may be a noob but at least I'm not gullible. Have a nice life and get great recordings with your bee's wax, nano infused, black hole modified, lunar ecliptic cables ... I know I enjoy the one's I purchased from selling Enron stock. LOL.

Start your own fucking post if u have a problem or opinion.  And BTW I'm looking for an older set with solid silver wire.  No snake oil in silver.   Go fuck yourself

Offline ThePiedPiper

• Taperssection Regular
    • Flute In The Gallery
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2018, 12:17:34 PM »
Start your own fucking post if u have a problem or opinion. And BTW I'm looking for an older set with solid silver wire. No snake oil in silver. Go fuck yourself

Sure will, I'll be happy to. LOL.  :coolguy:

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.158 seconds with 38 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com