Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Reaper users?  (Read 1013 times)

Offline ycoop

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
Re: Reaper users?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2019, 02:31:56 PM »
Wow, not only does this work properly in the current version, I can export directly as FLAC and not even have to use TLH! Thanks again for the heads up folks.

Yep! Very solid program.

Now if I could just figure out the amplification to -1db and the fades I could totally ditch Audacity....

I'm very new to DAWs and I couldn't figure out why my rendered tracks sounded so different in Foobar than the playback in Reaper. When you do EQ in Reaper (and possibly every other DAW), you HAVE to apply the effect to the track before you render it. The monitor EQ does not do it automatically. I thought this may alleviate a bit of frustration.

I may have stuck with my AT853s if I had known EQing could make these tiny mics sound so good  :cheers:

Following up again about how to apply the EQ from individuals tracks to the master before rendering. I have a show that when EQd sounds great but can’t figure out how to export the finished mix.
Mics: Avantone CK-1s, CA-14 omnis
Pres: CA9100
Recorders: DR-60d mkII, DR-22wl

Offline beegar

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2019, 03:32:47 PM »
Wow, not only does this work properly in the current version, I can export directly as FLAC and not even have to use TLH! Thanks again for the heads up folks.

Yep! Very solid program.

Now if I could just figure out the amplification to -1db and the fades I could totally ditch Audacity....

I'm very new to DAWs and I couldn't figure out why my rendered tracks sounded so different in Foobar than the playback in Reaper. When you do EQ in Reaper (and possibly every other DAW), you HAVE to apply the effect to the track before you render it. The monitor EQ does not do it automatically. I thought this may alleviate a bit of frustration.

I may have stuck with my AT853s if I had known EQing could make these tiny mics sound so good  :cheers:

Following up again about how to apply the EQ from individuals tracks to the master before rendering. I have a show that when EQd sounds great but can’t figure out how to export the finished mix.

If you have the EQ effect set up, you have to apply it to the track. If you only have it under master mix, it won't apply.

https://imgur.com/a/EnABHyk

In the above snapshot, the FX selection is green. Once that is done, you can go to File>Render and so on.
MBHO KA300/500 > PFA > MixPre 6
AT853 > CA9100 > M10

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (29)
  • Needs to get out more...
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2019, 05:32:01 PM »

Yep! Very solid program.

If you have the EQ effect set up, you have to apply it to the track. If you only have it under master mix, it won't apply.

https://imgur.com/a/EnABHyk

In the above snapshot, the FX selection is green. Once that is done, you can go to File>Render and so on.

If you select "Master Mix" in the Render window, it will use your EQ regardless of whether it is on an individual channel track or the Master.

So if your project is just one stereo track, it doesn't matter where you put your EQ.
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.142 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com