Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Gefell Repair....who's the current U.S. contact?  (Read 382 times)

Offline ellaguru

• Trade Count: (17)
  • Needs to get out more...
    • the wendy hour
Gefell Repair....who's the current U.S. contact?
« on: March 06, 2019, 11:03:03 AM »
Need to send the 210's back home for a potential repair, and I dont recall which Stateside company is the current contact for them. 

Thanks!
Chris

Offline voltronic

• Trade Count: (29)
Re: Gefell Repair....who's the current U.S. contact?
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 07:00:54 PM »
Need to send the 210's back home for a potential repair, and I dont recall which Stateside company is the current contact for them. 

Thanks!
Chris

PM John Wilett here on TS, or contact him on his website.  He is the UK Gefell distributor and will be able to point you in the right direction.
http://www.sound-link.co.uk/
DPA 4061 | Line Audio CM3 | Naiant X-Q
Naiant PFAs | Shure FP24
Tascam DR-70D JWMod | Sony PCM-M10

Tascam DR-70D FAQ
Team Line Audio
I am hitting my head against the walls, but the walls are giving way.    ///    If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music.
- Gustav Mahler

Offline John Willett

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection All-Star
  • Bio:
    • Sound-Link ProAudio
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 10:00:28 AM »

In the USA, Gefell repairs are now being handled via Claudia Haase.  :coolguy:

She is based in New York and her e-mail is: claudia(at)streamworkv.us

If you need a telephone number please send me a PM as I don't want to put a telephone number on a public forum. (Telephone sent by PM)

She will be able to sort it for you.

When Gefell repair a mic. they put it back into the anechoic chamber to measure it and make sure it is fully complies with the same spec. as when it was first made.  :coolguy:

:cheers:

« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 02:53:09 PM by John Willett »

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 08:27:56 AM »
Thanks for the guidance....more than likely these are going up for sale with the caveat that something is wrong with either a cap or a body.  Working on identifying specific issues as i type. 

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (142)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 11:13:04 AM »
What exactly is wrong??  Can't you determine if it is the cap or body with some trouble shooting and switching the caps from one body to the next.  I might be interested if the caps are in working order.  LMK

Thanks for the guidance....more than likely these are going up for sale with the caveat that something is wrong with either a cap or a body.  Working on identifying specific issues as i type.
Microtech Gefell M20's> Nbob KCY> Naiant PFA(60V)> Sound Devices Mixpre-6

Offline ellaguru

• the wendy hour
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 11:16:30 AM »
What exactly is wrong??  Can't you determine if it is the cap or body with some trouble shooting and switching the caps from one body to the next.  I might be interested if the caps are in working order.  LMK

thats exactly what im doing now....effect/issue is similar to the 'humidity effect' and theres a small signal disconnect.  swapped caps on the bodies to see if its either the cap or the body, or a combo of both.  bodies and caps will be sold as a set.  im taping less that 2x yearly now, and really have no desire to have them sent back to Germany for repair.  its not cable, pre, or recorder issue.  those have all been eliminated.

example:
drop out present on recording
cap 0334 body 0701

no drop out
cap 0333 body 0700
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:21:18 AM by ellaguru »

Offline jbell

• TDS
  • Trade Count: (142)
  • Spreadicated
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 11:35:36 AM »
I am potentially interested in the caps and bodies, but would like to know if the cap or body is the problem.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:46:22 PM by jbell »
Microtech Gefell M20's> Nbob KCY> Naiant PFA(60V)> Sound Devices Mixpre-6

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.163 seconds with 34 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com