Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Best camera to record concerts? - no budget  (Read 1531 times)

Offline TheMetalist

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Taperssection Member
  • Sverige/Sweden/Suède
Re: Best camera to record concerts? - no budget
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2019, 05:11:50 AM »
What? Last pic is correct.
Seriously?  Last pic has a prime lens 12-60 MM f2.8.  The FZ2500 had an attached lens with 8.8-176 MM.  If you do not see that I am sorry.   Carry on.

Last pic is this:
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 12:56:25 PM » Which is the LAST pic of the two (Fixed lens 24-480)

Not this:
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2019, 09:42:54 AM » Which is the link with the wrong camera (Removable lens 12-60)

I should know as I was the guy who linked to the last picture after the wrong one was on display. If you do not see that I am sorry. Carry on.
It's not about fancy equipment. It's about the thrill, passion and hard work. Liberate the music!

"The music is your passport - Your magic key - To all the madness that awaits you." B.L. '86

Offline surf1div1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Regular
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2019, 01:17:54 AM »
I believe we have a new contender that offers mic input
Check this out: Sony RX100 VII
https://www.dpreview.com/reviews/sony-cyber-shot-dsc-rx100-vii-review-in-progress

DPA 4061>CHURCH CA UGLY Pre-AMP
>Roland R09HR> 16 GB SD

Offline Elvis Hitler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
    • Video & Audio List
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2019, 05:12:57 PM »
That response sounds good on paper, until you're actually at a crowded venue dealing with some asshole security goon or manager who simply doesn't like people with cameras.  They pretty much have the last word.  I have also seen venues that state "no detatchable lenses, or cameras with zoom lenses longer than 2 inches."  I don't know if they would actually have a ruler on hand and make you zoom your lens all the way out so they could measure it, but it just sounds like another rule that would give them the authority to deny you entry with the camera.  That said, I have taken my Lumix FZ300 into a couple of different shows with no problem, though neither was a large arena/pavilion type venue.  Gonna try it at the Heart show next month and see what happens.

“The policy is clearly stated, and I believe I am in compliance with it. May I please speak with your manager?”

I have a Panny FZ2500.  Takes wonderful video.  I've been denied by venues who have a "no detachable lens" policy.  Probably 50% success rate.

But what do they say when you show them that the lens isn't detachable?

"sorry, no" is a common response.

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.118 seconds with 30 queries.
© 2002-2019 Taperssection.com