Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?  (Read 4242 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline MakersMarc

  • Trade Count: (15)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 3480
  • Gender: Male
  • 😈
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #30 on: October 11, 2019, 05:31:39 PM »
I'm going to have to disagree with the comment that security measures at the door are much tighter now than they've ever been. Lately, the venues I go to have a walk-thru detector and when that goes off a wanding. That security procedure is easier to get my DPA4023s>Sony D-10 thru than any procedure involving a patdown would be. I'll answer any questions regarding this opinion over PMs because all this talk isn't supposed to be posted.

Interesting point, pat downs sucked. I also am happy to answer 😈 questions via PM.

You're an old dude, Marc.  Might even have a replaced knee  >:D.

Tricks available by PM. 😀
😈 Mk4v/41v>nbob actives>Baby nbox>Oade warm mod Marantz 620.

Open: 4v/41v>nbobs>Nicky mod Naiant PFA>Oade warm mod 661.

Home: the Stereo Hospital budget refurb rig: Lappie>DragonFly Cobalt/Red with Jitterbug>Nikko NR520 amp>B&W V202 speakers.

Offline bigalkeller

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 18
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2019, 11:27:01 PM »
I just control tested the mics with clips.   Thru detector unsealed.  I put the recorder and battery box in the bin Andre phone and wallet...  easy.  Al

Offline Chrisedge

  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 421
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2019, 12:37:42 PM »
My current rig is much smaller and am about 50/50 with setting off walk-throughs and wands. I am always prepared for it to go off. Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body. I have also just put my pre-amp with my phone a couple times and said it's for amplification for my hard-of-hearing self.

They are looking for weapons almost always. Not a tiny recorder and mics.
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline hoserama

  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 312
  • Gender: Male
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2019, 06:48:06 PM »
My current rig is much smaller and am about 50/50 with setting off walk-throughs and wands. I am always prepared for it to go off. Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body. I have also just put my pre-amp with my phone a couple times and said it's for amplification for my hard-of-hearing self.

They are looking for weapons almost always. Not a tiny recorder and mics.

If you couldn't get in that baby rig, then it's just time to give up taping!
Audio: Countryman B3 + SBD feeds
Wireless Receivers: Lots of those
Antennas: Lots of those
Cables: Lots of those
Recorders: Cymatic Utrack24, Cymatic LR16, RME Multiface, Zoom F8, (3) Tascam 680, (2) Tascam 2D, Zoom H6, Zoom H4n, and a graveyard of irivers/nomads/minidiscs.

Offline Chrisedge

  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Taperssection Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 421
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2019, 11:43:11 AM »
My current rig is much smaller and am about 50/50 with setting off walk-throughs and wands. I am always prepared for it to go off. Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body. I have also just put my pre-amp with my phone a couple times and said it's for amplification for my hard-of-hearing self.

They are looking for weapons almost always. Not a tiny recorder and mics.

If you couldn't get in that baby rig, then it's just time to give up taping!

You always know how close I am to giving up! LOL
Audio: Sound Professionals SP-CMC-10 (AT933s) or Church Audio CA-14 (Omni & Cards) Mics >
Sound Professionals Battery Box SP-SPSB-1, SP-SPSB-10 or Church Audio Preamp CA9200 >
Sony PCM-A10, Sony PCM-M10, Tascam DR-2d Recorders
Video: Panasonic DCM-ZS100 & GoPro 7 Black

Offline guitard

  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 3059
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2019, 10:23:07 AM »
Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body.

And also just your general appearance.  I have no doubt that security consciously or subconsciously profiles people as they come in.  So if you're a fairly clean cut looking, sober, middle-aged white guy -- chances are pretty slim that they are going to suspect you of anything.
Mics: CA-11 (omnis and cards), AT853 cards, DPA 4060 omnis
Pre-amps: CA-UGLY II & CA-9100
Decks: Edirol R-07 & Edirol R-09HR

Video: Sony FDR AX100 (4K), Pany ZS100 (4K) & Sony DSC HX50V (HD)
Photo: Canon EOS 60D

A/V software: Sony Vegas Pro 13.0 (build 453) 64 bit / DVD Architect Pro 6.0 (build 237)

Offline edtyre

  • Trade Count: (81)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 2201
  • Gender: Male
  • Team Philly " No Excuses, Just Tapes"
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2019, 10:41:09 AM »
Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body.

And also just your general appearance.  I have no doubt that security consciously or subconsciously profiles people as they come in.  So if you're a fairly clean cut looking, sober, middle-aged white guy -- chances are pretty slim that they are going to suspect you of anything.
That’s a big part, confidant and non-threatening, always polite and complimentary
And smile a lot. You will set it off. Last night I walked through the detectors at a
show completely rigged up, set it off, smiled and laughed! They waved me right in
without a wanding or pat down
music>mics>pre>recorder

Offline daspyknows

  • Complaint Dept.
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • Needs to get out more...
  • *****
  • Posts: 4461
  • Gender: Male
  • Don't ask, don't tell, don't get get caught
Re: Will these set off a wand/metal detector?
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2019, 02:08:58 PM »
Someone said it's about confidence. To me that is 90% of it. The other 10% is where it's located at on your body.

And also just your general appearance.  I have no doubt that security consciously or subconsciously profiles people as they come in.  So if you're a fairly clean cut looking, sober, middle-aged white guy -- chances are pretty slim that they are going to suspect you of anything.
That’s a big part, confidant and non-threatening, always polite and complimentary
And smile a lot. You will set it off. Last night I walked through the detectors at a
show completely rigged up, set it off, smiled and laughed! They waved me right in
without a wanding or pat down

Not the droids they are looking for.   >:D

 

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.101 seconds with 50 queries.
© 2002-2020 Taperssection.com
Powered by SMF