Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: Fixing digital video that has a clipped audio  (Read 3116 times)

Offline frankvid

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Taperssection Newbie
Fixing digital video that has a clipped audio
« on: July 11, 2004, 11:45:47 AM »
I video recorded a loud concert with a digital camcorder, but since I had no control over mic volume, I got a lot of clipping on the audio. Does anyone know how to fix it? I have Soundforge 6.0 and ULead Media Studio Pro 7.0 software.
Any suggestions would be great. I do plan on running external mikes with volume control on the next session.

Thanks Frank

Offline Hemlock

• Taperssection Newbie
Re: Fixing digital video that has a clipped audio
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 02:25:53 PM »
Unless you have a clean audio track of the event you can overlay, you're pretty much out of luck.  Clipped audio is lost information.  There's no way to get it back.  There *may* be software out there that tries to recreate the clipped part of the waveform based on what has been captured, but I don't know of any.  (And I'd be surprised if it worked in a complex audio environment like a concert.)

Offline AT853rxwh

• Taperssection Member
  • You wanna stick those white mics where?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2004, 02:31:04 PM »
Unless you have a clean audio track of the event you can overlay, you're pretty much out of luck.  Clipped audio is lost information.  There's no way to get it back.  There *may* be software out there that tries to recreate the clipped part of the waveform based on what has been captured, but I don't know of any.  (And I'd be surprised if it worked in a complex audio environment like a concert.)

Sound Forge has a plugin that does it, but, I have only had luck with short clips, if it is all clipping there is little to work with...
"Oh, but you can't expect to wield supreme executive power just because some watery tart threw a sword at you!"

Offline Mark

• Taperssection Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2004, 12:10:27 PM »
Sounds like you need an audio patch at all shows you video.  Do you happen to know of anyone that might be able to help out?  Sorry I couldn't make it to JBB with ya Frank. 

Uncle Jimmy

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2004, 02:58:13 PM »
yeah... with auxilary audio, you could make it really nice. I did that with a non-tf band and it came out pretty great. There were minor synch problems with the video, but pretty sweet nonetheless.

if you want more help, just ask.

-UJ

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.071 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com