Thanks to mfrench for the stellar instructions:
GDSTOO = Grateful Dead Ticket Sales The Other Ones = Good karma point
PTBM = Phish Tickets By Mail = Bad karma point
Pick your karma point of choice and click on it. You can only ticket (+ or -) someone once within 12 hours.
Why can't you give tickets?!? Tickets are only enabled for users with 50+ posts.
Thanks to Mike for this more detailed explanation of how they work:
ok i didn't get it at the start either so i'll try to explain it as simply as possible...
- the creator's of this site (or someone) made these things call "tickets". it's basically good karma and bad karma. It can be important to some people, but you don't have to worry about being kicked off the board or banned or anything for having too many "-" tickets. just remember it's all in good fun, but it can also be useful (from JBK "most folks will just look at tix to make sure that you don't have a negative count before 1) buying something from you or 2) loaning out gear or 3) giving the correct advice.")
- when you first sign up you don't see it, but after 50 posts you will start to see "gdstoo" and "ptbm" under the number of tickets when you see anyone's post
- at that point you can click on one of them either "gdstoo" for a "+" ticket or "ptbm" for a "-" ticket. "+" will make the tickets go up and "-" will make the tickets go down.
- you can give as many tickets as you want a day to different people, but you can only give one person one ticket either + or - every 12 hours. this sounds weird, so an example would be i could look at a post and see Mark S. and give him a +, then give Moke a +, then give Bean a +, and so on, but i could not give any of these guys another one for 12 hours. make sense? however i have now learned that you can "-" someone and then give the a "+" back without having to wait the 12 hours. it's only if you try to do two or more "+" or "-" tickets.
- if you try to give someone two tickets in less than 12 hours you get a message that says "An Error Has Occurred! Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 12 hours."
- say you ask a question and someone comes back and tells you the answer. you can click on the gdstoo and it give them a + ticket. in posts you will see a lot of times people type "+T", that just means that they clicked on the one that gave them a +. you don't have to put it in the post, it's just a way of saying thanks.