Become a Site Supporter and Never see Ads again!

Author Topic: mytek stereo192  (Read 2285 times)

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
  • Trade Count: (11)
  • Needs to get out more...
mytek stereo192
« on: August 09, 2004, 08:57:36 PM »
looks like I've got the first DC mytek stereo192.  The manufacturer actually screwed up and sent Mytek a bunch of units without the hole drilled in the case for the dc plug, so Michal drilled one for me as a temporary solution.  Anyway, I've got a dc unit to play with now

He says the regulator works at 5v, and it needs a 1.2volt difference to operate.  What is the exact voltage of the 6V lead acid batteries we use?  Is it 6?  6.5?  The stereo192 may be able to run off of 6v, i just don't know the exact numbers here.  He said if it's 6.5 volts, we could be in business with a 6V battery

He says on average, the unit will only draw 300mA.  loud usage (running it hot as hell with the lights pegged) can push that up to 500mA.  So this thing is not power hungry in the least. 

you can run it up to 12v with no problem.  I mentioned the 9v lithium ion solution (some people are using wal mart lithium ion batteries for gear) and he said that he thinks a lead acid will sound better, as there is less impedance than the lithium ions.  but he wasn't sure yet.  anyone have a comment on this?

there has really been very little testing on these units with DC.  I guess i'll be running most of the early tests

Offline scb

• Eli Manning should die of gonorrhea and rot in hell. Would you like a cookie, son?
Re: mytek stereo192
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2004, 09:11:09 PM »
dammit, this thing seems to invert one channel

Offline scb

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2004, 09:29:07 PM »
i took one channel from my dac and split it into the right/left of the  stereo192.  After recording them onto a computer, i then mixed it down to mono.  The result was a blank file. Everything cancelled out

So one channel is definitely inverted in the stereo192.  i'm letting them know

but it's definitely a great sounding unit
« Last Edit: August 11, 2004, 09:50:51 PM by scott brown »

Offline scb

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2004, 10:09:50 PM »
sure.  first it was a battery thread, but now i've wandered off.  woops :)

Offline Tim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 04:58:58 PM »
no wandering allowed, this is ts.com goddamnit!
I’ve had a few weird experiences and a few close brushes with total weirdness of one sort or another, but nothing that’s really freaked me out or made me feel too awful about it. - Jerry Garcia

RSS | Mobile
Page created in 0.056 seconds with 33 queries.
© 2002-2024 Taperssection.com